SmashConcept
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Example of a lame "unpopular" opinion:
"I don't think 5x5 beginner programs are that good."

Example of a cool unpopular opinion:
"I worked with Jason Blaha in Blackwater and we both sold steroids to Usain Bolt. Also UFOs are real."

I will start:

I genuinely think the majority of professional athletes are not using PEDs.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That taking raw eggs, protein shakes and low calorie sweetener alternatives to sugar are a dangerous waste of time.
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Most professional athletes are using PEDs
Sae.HH
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Powerlifting is a silly hobby. You just keep going up and up until you eventually pop or tear something, I've seen it happen to the best, rinse and repeat.
SmashConcept
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Sae.HH)
Powerlifting is a silly hobby. You just keep going up and up until you eventually pop or tear something, I've seen it happen to the best, rinse and repeat.
If they're the best it's not really a hobby though.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All this “Sarah’s discovery” *******s on Instagram
Sae.HH
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SmashConcept)
If they're the best it's not really a hobby though.
Sure, it's just a pointless exercise for the 99%.

If you're setting records or making money through influencing its obviously a no brainer.

I mean each to their own people do dangerous stuff all the time. I just think injuries can compound and aged 50+ people who extensively have power lifted and had setbacks here and there due to pops etc will feel it a lot more.
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Steroids aren’t as evil as the media make you believe.
SmashConcept
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Sure, it's just a pointless exercise for the 99%.

If you're setting records or making money through influencing its obviously a no brainer.

I mean each to their own people do dangerous stuff all the time. I just think injuries can compound and aged 50+ people who extensively have power lifted and had setbacks here and there due to pops etc will feel it a lot more.
I honestly found it a pretty easy sport to stay healthy in while doing it to a decent hobby level.

Actually that reminds me of another unpopular opinion: only dip****s get major injuries from going to the gym. You get major injuries from contact sports/unpredictable events in dynamic sports (even then non-contact injuries are more often preventable) but if you get anything more than a muscle pull from the gym you are probably an idiot or on steroids or both.
Pharyngotympanic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Diets can work out in the long term.
Sae.HH
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I honestly found it a pretty easy sport to stay healthy in while doing it to a decent hobby level.

Actually that reminds me of another unpopular opinion: only dip****s get major injuries from going to the gym. You get major injuries from contact sports/unpredictable events in dynamic sports (even then non-contact injuries are more often preventable) but if you get anything more than a muscle pull from the gym you are probably an idiot or on steroids or both.
Hah yeah agreed, just handle weight that's safe and it's fine. I just dont see the need to hit peak 1RMs if you're not competitive. For why tho.

And yes I habe friends who plays dynamic sports like American football, their injuries have been far more horrific than anything at the gym I've seen. One basically tore everything in his right ankle and had to have bolts put in.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's easier to not put the calories into your body in the first place than to try and burn them off after overindulging.
Kitten in boots
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Any young man who doesn't have an athletic physique simply isn't trying hard enough.
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kitten in boots)
Any young man who doesn't have an athletic physique simply isn't trying hard enough.
nope
km11
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
eat every 'x' hours
SmashConcept
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hah yeah agreed, just handle weight that's safe and it's fine. I just dont see the need to hit peak 1RMs if you're not competitive. For why tho.

And yes I habe friends who plays dynamic sports like American football, their injuries have been far more horrific than anything at the gym I've seen. One basically tore everything in his right ankle and had to have bolts put in.
I mean if you're powerlifting you have to hit 1RMs lol. It's still safe.
illusionz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I mean if you're powerlifting you have to hit 1RMs lol. It's still safe.
I don't disagree but regular RPE 10 attempts necessarily involve a higher risk than sticking to RPE 8 or 9.

That said, I have RPE 10 reps relatively frequently.
Sae.HH
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by illusionz)
I don't disagree but regular RPE 10 attempts necessarily involve a higher risk than sticking to RPE 8 or 9.

That said, I have RPE 10 reps relatively frequently.
Yeah I'm referring to rpe 10 reps. Real grinders, like deadlifts that can take a good 10 seconds to get up. Each to their own and I used to take part but now it's like, for why tho. Having said that I really dont train lower often enough so perhaps to motivation of consistent PBs is worth it alone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (484)
59.46%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.28%
No- I want it (233)
28.62%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.63%

Watched Threads