WillVal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
#1
I have received all my offers from my universities that I have applied to and I know in what order I want to accept them, Is it ok for me to reply to my offers now?

A lot of my friends have said to wait till a week before the deadline to do it but I'm confident I know which order I want to reply in. I just need more opinions really, is it a good idea to reply now even if I'm confident in my choices or should I wait longer?
0
reply
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#2
Report 10 months ago
#2
I mean, if you are absolutely sure you won't change your mind you can do it now. I did it a few minutes after I got an offer from my first choice (which was the last to reply), because I had already chosen what I'd firm/insure in various circumstances. There's not really any point in waiting an arbitrary length of time if you're sure you won't change your mind. That said - there's no harm in waiting if you have reservations.
0
reply
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#3
Report 10 months ago
#3
There’s no advantage in picking now. The forums are littered with people who were certain when they made their choices then change their mind, or their circumstances change.

Go to offer holder open days and pick nearer your reply deadline.
3
reply
WillVal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
#4
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
#4
(Original post by _gcx)
I mean, if you are absolutely sure you won't change your mind you can do it now. I did it a few minutes after I got an offer from my first choice (which was the last to reply), because I had already chosen what I'd firm/insure in various circumstances. There's not really any point in waiting an arbitrary length of time if you're sure you won't change your mind. That said - there's no harm in waiting if you have reservations.
Yeah thats what I'm thinking also as Im pretty much certain on my top 3 choices, my last 2 choices are really just my backups. But everyones been telling me to wait regardless so its just making me worry a little now because it seems I'm the only one in my friend group who's confident so I'm doubting myself a little now 😂😂
0
reply
WillVal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
#5
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
#5
(Original post by Admit-One)
There’s no advantage in picking now. The forums are littered with people who were certain when they made their choices then change their mind, or their circumstances change.

Go to offer holder open days and pick nearer your reply deadline.
Thats very true, but to me I don't see an advantage in waiting either? if you understand what I'm saying, since I'm pretty much confident on what I'm doing and where I want to end up I just don't see much of a point for me to wait any longer, apart from my friends advising me to regardless of being confident 🤷🏻*♂️🤷🏻*♂️
0
reply
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#6
Report 10 months ago
#6
(Original post by WillVal)
Yeah thats what I'm thinking also as Im pretty much certain on my top 3 choices, my last 2 choices are really just my backups. But everyones been telling me to wait regardless so its just making me worry a little now because it seems I'm the only one in my friend group who's confident so I'm doubting myself a little now 😂😂
Yeah my teachers told us not to make our decisions until we "had a meeting", after I had made my decisions. I wouldn't say wait regardless but I would probably err towards waiting a bit if you're unsure. (after the "cool off" period offered by UCAS, if you change your mind and want to go to neither your firm or insurance you'd have to go through clearing)
0
reply
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#7
Report 10 months ago
#7
Your offers aren’t going anywhere. They’re safe.

Wait until you have the most amount of information until you pick your choices, even if offer holder open days just confirm your current thoughts.
0
reply
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#8
Report 10 months ago
#8
(Original post by WillVal)
Thats very true, but to me I don't see an advantage in waiting either? if you understand what I'm saying, since I'm pretty much confident on what I'm doing and where I want to end up I just don't see much of a point for me to wait any longer, apart from my friends advising me to regardless of being confident 🤷🏻*♂️🤷🏻*♂️
That's what people who changed their minds also said - please wait and visit your top 3 on a post-offer day.

It's hard to change your mind once you firm ...
0
reply
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
#9
Report 10 months ago
#9
(Original post by WillVal)
Thats very true, but to me I don't see an advantage in waiting either? if you understand what I'm saying, since I'm pretty much confident on what I'm doing and where I want to end up I just don't see much of a point for me to wait any longer, apart from my friends advising me to regardless of being confident 🤷🏻*♂️🤷🏻*♂️
Every year students feel like you and every year students come on here having changed their minds and trying to go somewhere else instead Ask yourself what is to be gained from firming early. Absolutely nothing. What is to be gained by firming later. You have the chance to attend visit days to make sure your original feeling is the right one or just pick another choice if you change your mind. There is absolutely nothing to gain by firming early. Give yourself the maximum time to come to your decision and dont follow those who have previously made rushed decisions and regretted it.
0
reply
Mirai609
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
#10
Report 10 months ago
#10
I changed my preference in the last month, and maybe twice in the past 3 months.
Your choice might change based on what you find out about the university, the course, the financial aid/scholarships, graduate prospects, accommodation etc.
So, unless you do a very thorough search on all of those aspects and even more (you might find something that might end up being an inconvenience), I'd recommend waiting more and gathering other opinions.
0
reply
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#11
Report 10 months ago
#11
wait.

Three/four months is a long time - if you don’t change your mind after that time and visiting then you can make your choices on Track confident that you’re not going to have any regrets.

There’s zero benefit to making a firm choice this early and a big risk of something changing (in your studies, in your personal life, in the information you have available to inform your decision) in 1/4 of a year.
0
reply
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#12
Report 10 months ago
#12
(Original post by WillVal)
I have received all my offers from my universities that I have applied to and I know in what order I want to accept them, Is it ok for me to reply to my offers now?
Have you visited your top three choices?
Would anything change the order, e.g. needing to be close to home, or having less money than expected?
0
reply
Isinglass
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
#13
Report 10 months ago
#13
(Original post by WillVal)
Yeah thats what I'm thinking also as Im pretty much certain on my top 3 choices, my last 2 choices are really just my backups. But everyones been telling me to wait regardless so its just making me worry a little now because it seems I'm the only one in my friend group who's confident so I'm doubting myself a little now 😂😂
pretty much certain on my top 3 choices,

That statement in itself should tell you that it would not necessarily be sensible to enter a Firm and Insurance choice now. Leaving aside the possibility that as soon as you have submitted your decision, you may remember the one really important aspect of the course at one of the other two that led you to apply there in the first place, you still have one of those top 3 to decide to let go of, so to speak.

Applicant days can be very useful in terms of refining decisions, if you can afford to attend them - they are sometimes dismissed as a marketing ploy, but you do get a chance to look at the universoty without the clutter and hype of open days and to spend more time in 'your' department.
2
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.07%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (714)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.58%

Watched Threads

View All