University Selection for MSc in Data Science

Watch
Roxstar1997
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,

Please advise the best options from the following universities for MSc in Data Science specifically from Course structure and Course ranking perspective :
Kings College London
University of Southampton
Cardiff University
Royal Holloway University(1+1)
The University of Bath(1+1)
The University of Exeter
University of Glasgow
The University of Leeds
University of Manchester
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Roxstar1997)
Hi guys,

Please advise the best options from the following universities for MSc in Data Science specifically from Course structure and Course ranking perspective :
Kings College London
University of Southampton
Cardiff University
Royal Holloway University(1+1)
The University of Bath(1+1)
The University of Exeter
University of Glasgow
The University of Leeds
University of Manchester
No-one is going to do your research for you. Use data science - make a spreadsheet of your priorities, look each course up, fill in the data, science it!

If you've got a substantial amount of data science at undergrad, then you should know where the major research departments and people are, and that's where the strongest PG departments are as a consequence.

If you haven't got substantial amounts of data science already, then it's competitive and you probably need to apply to that whole list in order to get a decent range of offers.

You don't really have any decision to make until you hold offers.
Roxstar1997
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Actually I already hold the conditional offers from above universities and I did look up at the course structure from all these universities, on the face of it each of them looks good with Royal Holloway and bath offering (1+1) which can be really helpful since I am an international student
now coming to the point you mentioned about making a spreadsheet I already made it but the thing is there is no specific ranking related to data science most of the rankings(QS TIMES REF TEF GUARDIAN NSS) are focused on overall university ranking although the Computer Science department ranking of Edinburgh,Manchester and Kings is good but still there is no clear winner, hence I wanted someone who has gone through the same situation or has an idea about this particular course that would really help.
vinnie63
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Roxstar1997)
Actually I already hold the conditional offers from above universities and I did look up at the course structure from all these universities, on the face of it each of them looks good with Royal Holloway and bath offering (1+1) which can be really helpful since I am an international student
now coming to the point you mentioned about making a spreadsheet I already made it but the thing is there is no specific ranking related to data science most of the rankings(QS TIMES REF TEF GUARDIAN NSS) are focused on overall university ranking although the Computer Science department ranking of Edinburgh,Manchester and Kings is good but still there is no clear winner, hence I wanted someone who has gone through the same situation or has an idea about this particular course that would really help.
heyy.. which university did you finally pick?
im also an international student and am planning to apply for the 2021 session.. but before i do that, I need to shortlist the universities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (180)
44.23%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (45)
11.06%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
8.11%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (86)
21.13%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (40)
9.83%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.65%

Watched Threads