Asinha
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How do you study for the drama paper?? I have Macbeth as my play.
tayyaba._28
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
Firstly i highly advise you to familiarise yourself with the text and have a thorough understanding of the plot. Ensure you know the context of the play and study the key themes and the key characters. Make sure you have a few quotes for each and make sure these quotes support the point you are making about the theme. Zoom in particular words talking about particular effects, the purpose , subject terminology and the impact on the audience. Mind map an essay plan and then write up your essay under timed conditions. Ask your teacher to have a look at it and ask for feedback on how to improve. If possible re-attempt writing up your essay using the advise and feedback your teacher gave you. In each of your paragraphs ensure you include your assessment objectives: show you understand what happens in the text and use precisely chosen quotations , explore these quotes and talk about language, form and structure and the effect this would have had on an contemporary audience as well as a modern audience and include some context every now and then. I hope I have helped.
Kind Regards,
Tayyaba
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (217)
74.83%
No (73)
25.17%

Watched Threads