bf asked to go on a break all of a sudden

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
after three years, bf suddenly said he wanted to break up.
two weeks after that statement, he said to go on a break.
since he has been telling me he can't wait to get back with me and loves me.
he wants this break to work on his maturity and improve himself.
its been 2 months now, and we are due to get back together in roughly three weeks.
why would he want a break from me?? and for this long? especially if he says he misses me and can't wait to get back together
username5090218
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Long story short he doesn’t love you anymore but wants to keep you around until he finds a better option . Show him that you’re not a 2nd option or someone on the side - stop talking to him completely not even when he constantly
Calls or texts you , he’ll regret it immediately
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
its been 2 months now, and we are due to get back together in roughly three weeks.
why would he want a break from me?? and for this long? especially if he says he misses me and can't wait to get back together
What is it you want?
What are your thoughts?
How old are you both?

Imo people dont make these announcements without thinking about it and it may have just run its course.
There is a small chance he really does have some issues, but more likely its a halfway house to ending it because he has got bored and its run its course.

He can say the sweet nothings because its part of the denial and guilt cycle and he either wants an easy time or he darent say its over because he doesnt want confrontation or face awkwardness of a break up. I'd have taken 6 months and been looking elsewhere. Dont put your life on hold now.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
'Due to get back together...' ...yeah I think you're in for a surprise there. :/
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Why couldn't he have worked on improving himself while in a relationship with you?

I think it's more likely that he wanted the break to experience playing the field a bit without the guilt of cheating on you.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Breaks are for people who wish to sleep around and justify it in a morally corrupt way. The only response should have been to refuse and issue an ultimatum accepting the break up if it came.

He has deceived you regarding it’s true purpose in all likelihood, dishonouring himself also. He is also either attempting to manipulate you or too much of a coward to break up.

He is an inferior male, write him off and move on.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
He wants to have sex with other girls, he can't just decide to break up and get back when it suits him. Drop him and find someone more loyal
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (227)
61.02%
No (77)
20.7%
Not sure (68)
18.28%

Watched Threads