Zaspo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I don't always have the best techniques and methods to study, so I am starting this thread help people like me to revise smarter not harder, if you have any techniques that worked for you during your revision please put in this thread below, thanks in advance.

I will ask a question to start it off, How many hours should you study each day this Christmas holiday?
yaseen1000
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
How many hours you want to revise during the Christmas holidays is up to you , it’s not about quantity but rather quality. I would personally recommend aiming for between 3 - 5 hours a day with the occasional day off
yaseen1000
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
In terms of revision techniques I personally used a technique known as active learning . This involved me making flash cards using a few letters as possible and instead drawing images and trying to relate those images to real life objects e.g. a remote control would mean control , I hope this makes sense
Zaspo
Rep:
?
(Original post by yaseen1000)
In terms of revision techniques I personally used a technique known as active learning . This involved me making flash cards using a few letters as possible and instead drawing images and trying to relate those images to real life objects e.g. a remote control would mean control , I hope this makes sense
Interesting, I have never used a technique like this before, I am more of an active learner and learn by watching videos.
yaseen1000
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I would also remake all your AS notes and start reading ahead for your subjects and make notes .
Zaspo
Rep:
?
(Original post by yaseen1000)
I would also remake all your AS notes and start reading ahead for your subjects and make notes .
Why would you want to remake AS notes?
yaseen1000
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Zaspo)
Why would you want to remake AS notes?
To refresh your knowledge on AS and also to condense the notes , it personally helped me remember my AS notes better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (139)
14.34%
I'm not sure (42)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (289)
29.82%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (474)
48.92%

Watched Threads