The Student Room Group

Maths and Biology alevel -what else?

I want to do maths and bio-I need a third option but i want it to be a bit easier in terms of having less content and being more interesting(I dont want to do chemistry) What is a good combination or subject u think I should do with this.I was considering philosophy but i heard there is a lot of content and I heard psychology is boring but Im not sure?
Original post by Lucy98654
I want to do maths and bio-I need a third option but i want it to be a bit easier in terms of having less content and being more interesting(I dont want to do chemistry) What is a good combination or subject u think I should do with this.I was considering philosophy but i heard there is a lot of content and I heard psychology is boring but Im not sure?

Biology graduate here who also did Maths A level.

i did Economics as a 'lighter' extra A level and LOVED it. it was a perfect combo of essay and non-essay type questions. google image search 'supply and demand graphs' to get a feel if is for you

psych has interesting elements (social psychology like the Milgram Experiment - look on youtube), but then things like the working model of the brain, sensory and perception psych is interesting/tedious depending on my mood
Reply 2
Original post by A Rolling Stone
Biology graduate here who also did Maths A level.

i did Economics as a 'lighter' extra A level and LOVED it. it was a perfect combo of essay and non-essay type questions. google image search 'supply and demand graphs' to get a feel if is for you

psych has interesting elements (social psychology like the Milgram Experiment - look on youtube), but then things like the working model of the brain, sensory and perception psych is interesting/tedious depending on my mood

Thank you very much! Did you find economics interesting and was it less content? :smile:
Original post by Lucy98654
Thank you very much! Did you find economics interesting and was it less content? :smile:

really interesting and much less content than biology. however it's important to point out that *i* found it interesting, it's no guarantee you will too so you should google the content of the course a little bit tbh :smile: i also happened to be studying it around the time of the Eurozone economic crisis so everything felt really topical, but the economic climate is a bit benign at the moment

Quick Reply

Latest