Should I keep Psychology or change it to Economics? Watch

cheesetop
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, I'm currently studying Business, History and Psychology. All the teachers tell me that its a really good combination since theres an essay subject and a sciencey one which uni's like. The only thing is though I hate Psychology. I'm struggling too much in it and I find the subject dead not even gonna lie. I've been bored and dreaded every single Psychology lesson I've been in, not to mention my grades for Psychology are terrible compared to Business and History. Business I'm getting Bs in my DEPs, in History I'm getting Cs and in Psychology I'm getting Us in all of the DEPs I've done. I'm literally dumb at Psychology and I've tried to revise it but its like my brain just wont process the information like it does for Business and History. I'm currently in the christmas half term and I know I'd have to catch up on too much if I did Economics but I need to catch up on loads in Psychology anyways to be fair. The only thing is though, apparently universities dont like students studying Business and Economics since they are both similar. However I know I'd do way better on Economics than Psychology and I want to do Business/Economics related course at University (either both courses or only an Econonics BA course prefferably). What should I do, keep Psychology and try to get a tutor or change to Economics.

Also, are there any really good universities where I'd even be able to do Economics or Business and Economics that are better than the University of Leeds and Manchester that dont require A Level Maths and require a 5 or lower to do Maths as I got a 5 due to not really revising in GCSEs. I did higher in Maths and was like 4 odd marks off a 6.

So yeah please advise me what is better and please let me know what the best Universities are to do Economics with a grade 5 in Maths at GCSE. Thank you.
username5071070
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
First check with your college that you’re allowed to change your options this late into the year. Otherwise you might not have a choice. That’s what I found.
cheesetop
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by katrinayates)
First check with your college that you’re allowed to change your options this late into the year. Otherwise you might not have a choice. That’s what I found.
They said that I've got a week after christmas half term to change but I have to catch up on it all by going to extra study sessions after college
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.42%
No (270)
33.58%

Watched Threads