Hate my vagina - can you still get labiaplasty on the nhs

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I hate the way my vagina looks sm that i will never look it out or send/take nudes as i know that it’s ugly enough to turn people off (i’m 19 btw not a minor) my labia spills out a lot and looks quite “flappy” and is like a brown colour at the ends which is weird as i am pale skinned. Not only is not very pleasing it’s also uncomfortable. I can’t wear tight pants/lingerie because it hurts and spills out and i can’t shave it properly and i feel like it’s never properly clean either as there’s just folds and folds and skin everywhere I also feel uncomfortable in bikini bottoms and you can kind of tell. It definitely effects sex aswell as there’s just quite a lot “in the way” of the important things. i can’t really masturbate (to a satisfying level lol) because there’s too much in the way and obviously i can’t really see what i’m doing, I hate having causal sex or sex with more attractive people than me because of it too. A rumour went round that i had an “ugly vagina” when i was like 16 and i had to pretend it was a lie even though i knew exactly what they were talking about. I’m fairly confident in the rest of my body and i don’t mind the way i look on the whole but this seriously makes me insecure. I can see why boys don’t want to do stuff with girls who have “ugly vaginas” like mine honestly i probably wouldn’t. Also before anyone says boys don’t really care as long as there getting sex, i like boys AND girls who both definitely do cause i think that only really applies to young teenage boys who are virgins or very desperate not 19/20 year old adults. I do think i would benefit massively from labiaplasty but it’s just so expensive and i’m a student - what should i do???
Appirition
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
"what should i do???"
Learn to accept and love ALL of your body. Unless there's a strong medial reason, do not get labiaplasty

"my labia spills out a lot and looks quite “flappy” and is like a brown colour at the ends which is weird as i am pale skinned."
That sounds very normal and typical, especially for females who have longer labia.

"I hate having causal sex or sex with more attractive people than me because of it too."
You need to learn to forget about it and enjoy the moment.

"A rumour went round that i had an “ugly vagina” when i was like 16"
That's very childish and immature, which is sadly very common around that age.

"boys don’t really care as long as there getting sex ....... i think that only really applies to young teenage boys who are virgins or very desperate not 19/20 year old adults"
You couldn't be more wrong. Some boys and girls do care, but the majority don't. Some actually prefer longer labia for a variety of reasons..
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I hate the way my vagina looks sm that i will never look it out or send/take nudes as i know that it’s ugly enough to turn people off (i’m 19 btw not a minor) my labia spills out a lot and looks quite “flappy” and is like a brown colour at the ends which is weird as i am pale skinned. Not only is not very pleasing it’s also uncomfortable. I can’t wear tight pants/lingerie because it hurts and spills out and i can’t shave it properly and i feel like it’s never properly clean either as there’s just folds and folds and skin everywhere I also feel uncomfortable in bikini bottoms and you can kind of tell. It definitely effects sex aswell as there’s just quite a lot “in the way” of the important things. i can’t really masturbate (to a satisfying level lol) because there’s too much in the way and obviously i can’t really see what i’m doing, I hate having causal sex or sex with more attractive people than me because of it too. A rumour went round that i had an “ugly vagina” when i was like 16 and i had to pretend it was a lie even though i knew exactly what they were talking about. I’m fairly confident in the rest of my body and i don’t mind the way i look on the whole but this seriously makes me insecure. I can see why boys don’t want to do stuff with girls who have “ugly vaginas” like mine honestly i probably wouldn’t. Also before anyone says boys don’t really care as long as there getting sex, i like boys AND girls who both definitely do cause i think that only really applies to young teenage boys who are virgins or very desperate not 19/20 year old adults. I do think i would benefit massively from labiaplasty but it’s just so expensive and i’m a student - what should i do???
Do drag up some courage and go and see your gp! If you need labiaplasty then you will have to save up £2k at least but you can be patient and eventually you will be able to get it done. But meanwhile don't feel bad about it.
Appirition
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mgi)
Do drag up some courage and go and see your gp! If you need labiaplasty then you will have to save up £2k at least but you can be patient and eventually you will be able to get it done. But meanwhile don't feel bad about it.
Go see your GP to find out if there's an actual problem. If you need labiaplasty for medical reasons you won't have to save up anything - you'll get it on the NHS as long as you qualify for NHS services.
If there's no medical reason for needing labiaplasty, you don't need it and definitely should not get it, so you don't need to save up anything for it. Either way it's not going to cost you anything.
Breeee
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Honestly, I know its hard because it's clear you do not feel good about it, but I think you just need to accept it for what it is and learn to love yourself. Yes, some people will care, but actually some wont. Everyone has things they dont like about themselves. Confidence is attractive though
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I'm a guy, about ten years older than you, and I've dated woman with both long labia and short. It never bothered me at all. In fact, it kind of turned me on, and I enjoyed been with a woman with more to handle. Sorry, sounds weird and creepy, but its true.

I see no reason why you should feel self-conscious or embarrassed about this. I guess some guys nearer your age may be more immature, but guys that truly like you won't care, and the older guys will probably find this appealing (I'd say).

I think a long labia may well be more common than you think, but many people don't mention it.

The only real concern I'd have around this, is, if it is causing you the pain, or discomfort like you say. I'd perhaps wear more loose underwear or things which aren't so tight around your genitals.

Either that, or go to your GP and ask them what they recommend.

I hope you can sort this out, or at least get some reassurance from your doctor.
_maryamm98
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I’m 21 and two weeks post op labiaplasty. I spoke to my GP and he referred me to a gynaecologist. Both the GP and gynaecologist were happy for me to have the surgery. However, it is seen as a cosmetic surgery and my appeal to the board for funding got rejected twice regardless of me saying it is causing me pain. A year later I finally got my labiaplasty. I researched loads of places in London which is where I’m from and prices ranged from 3.5k+

As it’s still fresh I am still swollen but so far I am very happy with my results. Do feel free to message me if you have questions xx
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Appirition)
Go see your GP to find out if there's an actual problem. If you need labiaplasty for medical reasons you won't have to save up anything - you'll get it on the NHS as long as you qualify for NHS services.
If there's no medical reason for needing labiaplasty, you don't need it and definitely should not get it, so you don't need to save up anything for it. Either way it's not going to cost you anything.
It's cosmetic so she would need to pay for it because the NHS will not fund it .And if she feels bad about her labia then she should have private surgery if it keeps affecting her mentally. It is easy for other people to say it's not "medical" but so what? Save up, pay for it.
She should alao research for people who have been through the procedure.
Last edited by mgi; 2 years ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by _maryamm98)
I’m 21 and two weeks post op labiaplasty. I spoke to my GP and he referred me to a gynaecologist. Both the GP and gynaecologist were happy for me to have the surgery. However, it is seen as a cosmetic surgery and my appeal to the board for funding got rejected twice regardless of me saying it is causing me pain. A year later I finally got my labiaplasty. I researched loads of places in London which is where I’m from and prices ranged from 3.5k+

As it’s still fresh I am still swollen but so far I am very happy with my results. Do feel free to message me if you have questions xx
Thank you for an actually helpful reply !! i’m sorry to hear that your appeal got rejected even though it was causing you pain guess i won’t be able to get it on the nhs and will have to save up then. I live in london too so will probably be about the same. Can i ask what exact reasons you wanted the labiaplasty for were (apart from the pain)???
Anonymous #1
I'm a guy, about ten years older than you, and I've dated woman with both long labia and short. It never bothered me at all. In fact, it kind of turned me on, and I enjoyed been with a woman with more to handle. Sorry, sounds weird and creepy, but its true.

I see no reason why you should feel self-conscious or embarrassed about this. I guess some guys nearer your age may be more immature, but guys that truly like you won't care, and the older guys will probably find this appealing (I'd say).

I think a long labia may well be more common than you think, but many people don't mention it.

The only real concern I'd have around this, is, if it is causing you the pain, or discomfort like you say. I'd perhaps wear more loose underwear or things which aren't so tight around your genitals.

Either that, or go to your GP and ask them what they recommend.

I hope you can sort this out, or at least get some reassurance from your doctor.
I’m not a plaything for older men so the first part of your post is irrelevant thanks for the rest of the advice though was quite helpful
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I’m not a plaything for older men so the first part of your post is irrelevant thanks for the rest of the advice though was quite helpful
My apologies it came across that way, but I'm glad you found some of it helpful.
halimakhatun123
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I'd love to know more about how you appealed as my referral keeps getting rejected and it causes me so much pain i just want to take it off myself. Can you send me a message if you are happy to tell me more about it and how you did it? Thanks
x x

(Original post by _maryamm98)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (51)
12.23%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.92%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (106)
25.42%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (38)
9.11%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (199)
47.72%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed