The Student Room Group

Would guys be put off by a lack of experience?

I'm 23 and I've never had a boyfriend or slept with anyone. Everyone my age seems to have slept wih their boyfriends within around 3 dates or even before the relationship has begun. Do you think it is impossible for me to find someone who will be ok with me not sleeping with them within a short amount of time? I'm not saying I want to wait 6 months or anything, but I don't want to rush into it either. Is it really rare to find someone like that at my age? Also, do you think it's really offputting that I have no experience? I've heard that some guys find it attractive, but I don't know if that's actually true or not. People often tell me they're suprised I'm single because I'm pretty, but I'm scared the lack of experience wouldbe a turn off even if they think I'm pretty.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also, do you think there's any chance that a guy around my age may even like my lack of experience, rather than just tolerate it?
I wouldn't worry about it at all if i were you, there are many girls out there who are in the same same situation as you and quite a few guys do find this attractive.

You'll find someone for you, just give it some time.

And it all depends on the guy whether they like or, or hate it, or tolerate it. Most guys won't mind at all
Reply 3
Anonymous
Also, do you think there's any chance that a guy around my age may even like my lack of experience, rather than just tolerate it?

:hello:

:redface:
Reply 4
i'd say that, on the whole, it is a positive thing
Reply 5
I find it attractive
Reply 6
Anonymous
Also, do you think it's really offputting that I have no experience? .

Not at all.

Anonymous

I've heard that some guys find it attractive, but I don't know if that's actually true or not..

Some do and some don't.

Anonymous

People often tell me they're suprised I'm single because I'm pretty, but I'm scared the lack of experience wouldbe a turn off even if they think I'm pretty.

Some (shallow) guys might not want to deal with being with a virgin, but for the majority I don't think its a big issue.
Of course not. :smile:
Reply 8
I find it attractive :smile:
Reply 9
Anonymous

I'd personally prefer someone with little or no experience to someone who's slept with 50 different people.
Reply 10
That's BS, i actually like girls that haven't had sex..

I'm definately not marrying someone who's had sex with someone other than me.
Id say a lot of guys like the idea of a girl with little experience. Less poeple to compare with you see
Reply 12
Robbie10538
Id say a lot of guys like the idea of a girl with little experience. Less poeple to compare with you see

It's not just that, is it?

I personally don't mind comparison...haha
Reply 13
PPB

Have you had sex yet? :confused:
Reply 14
Sorry why are you deciding not to sleep with someone for an amount of time without them even existing? I dont really understand that, if you like someone and they like you then why not sleep together? its not such a big deal, you dont need to be in love to knock boots, who knows you might even enjoy it :wink:

also, yeah a lot of guys like the whole 'pure as the driven snow' angle, or maybe they just see it as a challenge, who knows. Personally i prefer girls to have some experience, but theres loooaaaddss of guys who will find that an attractive quality, so get out there and find them!
Reply 15
yes I find it attractive so don't u worry!!! I would have no problem with this at all!
:wink:
Reply 16
HJV
I'd personally prefer someone with little or no experience to someone who's slept with 50 different people.

I'll second that...and i think most guys would agree...

and one good thing about it is that at least you know that the guy is more likely looking for a serious relationship...if that is what you're looking for...
Reply 17
PPB
That's BS, i actually like girls that haven't had sex..

So what happens if you don't marry the first girl you have sex with? Are you going to expect the woman to not care about how many people you have had sex with? If not then you have a highly archaic attitude to women, with the whole 'it's ok to have sex with different partners before marriage, but only if you're male' approach. :s-smilie:
He won't be put off.

Having had a hundred willies inside you doesn't make you great at sex, or a better catch.

He'll like you for you.
Reply 19
Lithium
Have you had sex yet? :confused:

I said marry, not have sex.

Latest

Trending

Trending