The Student Room Group

GCSES

could someone give me motivation on getting higher grades in gcse. The way im seeing it is if someone got a grade 4 while another person got a grade 9 and went to the same college they will still gain the same facilities so whattt is the needd to get higher grades. do your gcses affect you after school or even later on in the future. any type of motivation would help rn lol thanks.
You can get into more progression schemes like uniq, Sutton trust and etc. You have more options/subjects to choose from. Some unis require a high grade in a certain gcse and you could be rejected if you don’t meet it (like maths for computer science). For more selective unis, GCSEs will affect your application and might reject ya (like Bristol is 20% gcse emphasis I think I can’t remember for law). You’ll have a more competitive application if somehow someone had similar profile to you. That’s all I can think of tbh.
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
You can get into more progression schemes like uniq, Sutton trust and etc. You have more options/subjects to choose from. Some unis require a high grade in a certain gcse and you could be rejected if you don’t meet it (like maths for computer science). For more selective unis, GCSEs will affect your application and might reject ya (like Bristol is 20% gcse emphasis I think I can’t remember for law). You’ll have a more competitive application if somehow someone had similar profile to you. That’s all I can think of tbh.

thankkk youuu that helped a lot. i've been watching too much videos abt how useless the education system is which resulted to me being like this lol.
Original post by Anonymous
thankkk youuu that helped a lot. i've been watching too much videos abt how useless the education system is which resulted to me being like this lol.

No problem I’m glad it did. I sort of understand that for our education system but then it’s interesting to learn about other peoples education system. I recommend watching a YouTuber called Evan Edinger and he has this American vs Britain series and there’s one with American, England and Scotland or the one with jack edwards about exams (and there’s one on his channel). I honestly like how everyone in the country take the same exams (to some extent) so everyone knows the pain and the memes on twitter are just 👌.
Reply 4
No problem I’m glad it did. I sort of understand that for our education system but then it’s interesting to learn about other peoples education system. I recommend watching a YouTuber called Evan Edinger and he has this American vs Britain series and there’s one with American, England and Scotland or the one with jack edwards about exams (and there’s one on his channel). I honestly like how everyone in the country take the same exams (to some extent) so everyone knows the pain and the memes on twitter are just 👌.

i'll watch that videoo i think i've seen it once but i'll check again.yess its nice to know theres other ppl going through the same situation as u so ur not alone and loool the memes keep me going why lie. you should watch prince ea the school system that will literally change ur perspective on the education system lol.
Original post by Anonymous
i'll watch that videoo i think i've seen it once but i'll check again.yess its nice to know theres other ppl going through the same situation as u so ur not alone and loool the memes keep me going why lie. you should watch prince ea the school system that will literally change ur perspective on the education system lol.

Ohhh I’ve seen that before - it became a huge thing before and everyone was raving about it.
Reply 6
Ohhh I’ve seen that before - it became a huge thing before and everyone was raving about it.

it still affects me till this day lool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending