I clean everything I touch?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Sounds SO stupid but I clean every surface daily. I’m 18, and currently Home from uni for Christmas. I’m super paranoid about my health . And I’ve convinced myself I have all these terrifying illnesses such as hep c, HIV etc. As if it wasn’t bad enough, I get intrusive thoughts about my family getting it because I ‘contaminate’ surfaces I touch!! It’s getting me down, I’m emotionally exhausted and I don’t know how to stop the intrusive thoughts. Any suggestions?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sounds SO stupid but I clean every surface daily. I’m 18, and currently Home from uni for Christmas. I’m super paranoid about my health . And I’ve convinced myself I have all these terrifying illnesses such as hep c, HIV etc. As if it wasn’t bad enough, I get intrusive thoughts about my family getting it because I ‘contaminate’ surfaces I touch!! It’s getting me down, I’m emotionally exhausted and I don’t know how to stop the intrusive thoughts. Any suggestions?
Well, the way you have said this tells me you probably have OCD. OCD is an anxiety (paranoia) disorder. It comprises of obsessions which are as you have clearly stated, intrusive thoughts, and compulsions which are the actions carried out. So in this case, obsession is the thought of contaminating your family and the compulsion is cleaning everything you touch. Maybe try therapy? There are various treatments to OCD such as CBT, drug therapy etc. Hope I helped in some way or another,
Breeee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That screams that you have OCD. What you're feeling is actually very common and you can get help with it. Your first step is to go and see a GP. tell them what you have told us here, it'll give them a very good picture as you explained it so well. They can then look at referring you on, the most common form of help for OCD is with therapy. You may have to wait a while but its better than nothing

I hope I've helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.27%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (125)
37.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.33%

Watched Threads