The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Moving into halls doing a science foundation year

Im just a bit worried because my first year is going to be a science foundation year so i cant decide whether to live at home for this and just move out next year when i start my actual degree!?

Whats everyones views on this situation?
Reply 1
If you're from Manchester like your profile says then I'd recommend moving to halls. Manchester is close enough to Hudd to take your laundry home at weekends, but it would be a pain to commute every day and you'd miss out on a bit of the student lifestyle.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Well im from near manchester and hoping to study in huddersfield. I have travelled to and from the uni to have a look at it and for interviews. All i can say is that i would not like to do that everyday.
I did science foundation a couple of years ago and lived in storthes. i do recommend living away, but its only a decision you can make. try and weigh up the pros and cons to see which would suit you best.
like someone else said, its not too far away to keep popping home (i live near wigan and go home every 2/3 weeks).
if you live at home for your first year, it might help you to settle into uni, instead of starting uni and living away from home straight away. altho living at uni has the benefit of being able to go to uni more often (to use the library etc), dont have to get up as early and if you leave work till the last minute (like i did!) then its easier to pop to uni to hand it in.
if you want to know anything about the course, send me a message :smile:
Reply 4
ooooh thats the course i want to do next year, will you do me a favour - when you've got settleed in to everything, will you tell me what its like plz ?
-k-
you need to move away if you want to actually grow up rather than rely on parents all the time
Reply 6
I'm having this problem 2!! well i'd have to live away form home as i'm from nottingham. But i've done 2 years of a degree in leeds and now i'm changing. So i've done the whole halls/house with friends and now i'm unsure what to do about accom. I've had a look and i was thinking maybe the aspley halls.. owned by opal... then it's not real halls.
Reply 7
Not sure what you mean about Aspley not being "real halls" as they're owned by Opal. Storthes Hall is owned by a company called Ubrique which trades as Campus Digs, so it's a similar situation of being a third party.
Reply 8
Snap. I'll be in Storthes Hall - everything is pretty much sorted.

Can't wait to escape work and become a student!
Original post by kadie
Im just a bit worried because my first year is going to be a science foundation year so i cant decide whether to live at home for this and just move out next year when i start my actual degree!?

Whats everyones views on this situation?

Hi! Did u enjoy science foundation?
Would anyone be able to help me??I need to know what you are tested on for the interview for this degree! Mine is soon!!
Reply 10
if i get a place on this course i will be living at home and commuting. i live in sheffield soo its only a 20/25 min drive. living in student halls isnt that easy, you gotta pay rent each week something in the region of £70/£80 a week, if you can commute everyday i dnt see why you should spend an extra £70/£80 a week on student accommodation. seems as though uni fees are going up next year, something we could do without
Reply 11
i live near london, so iv deffo got to move up there. live far enough away so that your parents cant just come and surprise you :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending