Turn on thread page Beta

Selling Concert Tickets on eBay - is it illegal? watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I just thought that concerts were music related so this topic should go here

I'm just curious if selling concert tickets on eBay was allowed? Or would I get in trouble for doing it? I'm really confused about it, because several people have told me different things.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's illegal, just frowned upon.
    There are thousands and thousands of tickets on there, so you wouldn't get picked out if you sell some on there.

ReputationRep:
    It's not illegal, football tickets are (i think).

But the ticket company reserves the right to cancel the ticket if they find out that you did. You're not meant to sell tickets on, not that they care (ever seen the touts at a gig? :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, make sure you photoshop out the Ticket number, because if they see it they can cancel the ticket.

ReputationRep:
    Football tickets are indeed illegal to resell. Music tickets are not.

However the ticket will become invalid if it is sold on, so if you blatently done it right infront of the entrance, they would not let the new owner use it.

ReputationRep:
    Technically you're not supposed to sell them for more than face value, or something.

http://scarletmist.com/ is better though, more ethical.

ReputationRep:
    Your allowed to, there is no law against it....

For example; If you buy tickets for a gig, and then you realise you can't go. So you put the tickets on ebay, thats fine.

On the other hand; People who buy loads of tickets for the big gigs and then tout them on ebay is whats frownd upon.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replys! I'm alot less confused now
    I don't plan on making a profit, I just have ticket that I might not be able to use so I might have to sell it

(Original post by Riolent Vapist)
    Yeah, make sure you photoshop out the Ticket number, because if they see it they can cancel the ticket.
    Thanks for the tip! Wouldn't of thought of doing that.

ReputationRep:
    I stuck a Leeds fest ticket up last week, my mate can't afford to go anymore. I have no problem with people sticking tickest like that up. I hate people who buy a stupid amount and sell them to make a profit. Thing is, people will buy them, even at silly prices. I saw 2 going for £600! Thats wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Mostly cause people are unaware you can still buy festival tickets on the door from the offical sellers at face value..

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's illegal, I've done it quite a bit when me or one of my mates can't get to a gig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Mostly cause people are unaware you can still buy festival tickets on the door from the offical sellers at face value..
    Yeah, people's ignorance is an advantage for me.
    I can go to the festival site on the Weds/Thurs/Fri and still get a weekend ticket at face value.
    It's brilliant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosaaa)
    Yeah, people's ignorance is an advantage for me.
    I can go to the festival site on the Weds/Thurs/Fri and still get a weekend ticket at face value.
    It's brilliant
    I just get mine for freeee

Even more brillian :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I just get mine for freeee

Even more brillian :P
    Pffft.
    Whatevzzzzz

How come?

ReputationRep:
    Pffft.
    Whatevzzzzz

How come?
    I work for Festival Republic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I work for Festival Republic
    Cheater!

And yes I perved at your pic.

ReputationRep:
    Cheater!

And yes I perved at your pic.
    You're the second person to message me admitting to doing that today Prehaps its just perv on a stranger day?

Im not a cheater at all! the train journeys to get from Sheffield to London for meetings with the festival organisers are very long and boring :P I think i've earnt a free ticket!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    You're the second person to message me admitting to doing that today Prehaps its just perv on a stranger day?

Im not a cheater at all! the train journeys to get from Sheffield to London for meetings with the festival organisers are very long and boring :P I think i've earnt a free ticket!
    Ouch.
    Are you going to Leeds then?

Reading is 20mins drive from me.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch.
    Are you going to Leeds then?

Reading is 20mins drive from me.
    Nope, I only go to uni in Sheffield. I live in Reading so will of corse be attending Reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Nope, I only go to uni in Sheffield. I live in Reading so will of corse be attending Reading
    Oh wow. I went to school in Reading, and loads of my friends live there, so I tend to go out in Reading.

Small world.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.