Turn on thread page Beta

Am i being ridiculous? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My best friend (who i have previously had relations with but didn't go anywhere) is currently seeing one of my friends. I was ok with it at the start, but now it's really starting to get to me, especially as the other night where i stayed at his as we were at the pub and then he had to lie to her about it as if i were some sort of secret.

I know i should be happy for them but she's making it difficult now, complaining and such.

It also feels like i've been shunted now and don't really fit into his life as much anymore either.
    :getmecoat:

Just deal with it and man up? Or try and break away for a bit?

Just to let you know.. it's been on off on off with this bloke for 2 years until about January, used to see him pretty much all the time.

ARGHHHH - ok rant over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarence)
    My best friend (who i have previously had relations with but didn't go anywhere) is currently seeing one of my friends. I was ok with it at the start, but now it's really starting to get to me, especially as the other night where i stayed at his as we were at the pub and then he had to lie to her about it as if i were some sort of secret.

I know i should be happy for them but she's making it difficult now, complaining and such.

It also feels like i've been shunted now and don't really fit into his life as much anymore either.
    :getmecoat:

Just deal with it and man up? Or try and break away for a bit?

Just to let you know.. it's been on off on off with this bloke for 2 years until about January, used to see him pretty much all the time.

ARGHHHH - ok rant over.
    Well if you really like him...talk to him?

ReputationRep:
    He just thinks i'm being jealous, i probabaly am but it's difficult because i'm supposed to be supportive. blargh.

ReputationRep:
    It's normal especially as you were getting dirty/kinky with this guy for 2 years. You're not being ridiculous Clarence.

ReputationRep:
    We all know how we "should" be supportive and happy and all. But it's hard. If you see that your feelings are going to get in the way of your relationship with him, you might as well be honest and let him know, because they might do harm anyways, right?

Hope you feel better soon- and dont worry- it passes...

ReputationRep:
    Cheers.

Yeah i think i'ts mainly due to the fact that this guy i really liked and had a couple of dates with has just pished off back to edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers.

Yeah i think i'ts mainly due to the fact that this guy i really liked and had a couple of dates with has just pished off back to edinburgh.
    Ouch..thats why

You'll be over this soon :p:

ReputationRep:
    I can understand if you were previously close, your being completely pushed out of his life, can you talk to her and explain the situation, as in your just friends and theres no need for her to worry?

ReputationRep:
    I have and she says she understands but you know what girls get like over blokes.

ReputationRep:
    He just thinks i'm being jealous, i probabaly am but it's difficult because i'm supposed to be supportive. blargh.
    Maybe tell him you've felt like this since he was single, so it can't be jealousy?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.