Qqyyshc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi I'm in year 11 and my gcses are within less than 5 months and I still haven't revised properly! I keep getting 5s and once I had a 6 but went down to a 5 again and I'm really struggling with an inspector calls getting really good quotes to analyse I really want really good quotes for all 5 characters but I dont know how please someone help
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Qqyyshc)
Hi I'm in year 11 and my gcses are within less than 5 months and I still haven't revised properly! I keep getting 5s and once I had a 6 but went down to a 5 again and I'm really struggling with an inspector calls getting really good quotes to analyse I really want really good quotes for all 5 characters but I dont know how please someone help
Do you have the CGP text books for all the literature books? If not, definitely have a look at getting them. They have a lot of in-depth analysed quotes for you to use throughout your essays! Bite size and Seneca is also a good resource to find effective quotes
Qadeer1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I did my Literature GCSE this year and achieved a 9. Here's a link to the flashcard resources I made. It has quotes for each key character as well some contextual quotes, and analysis on the other side. You'll need to request access to join the class. https://quizlet.com/join/ASzKJdKbH
Rolo1234
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Qadeer1)
I did my Literature GCSE this year and achieved a 9. Here's a link to the flashcard resources I made. It has quotes for each key character as well some contextual quotes, and analysis on the other side. You'll need to request access to join the class. https://quizlet.com/join/ASzKJdKbH
this is helpful thanks!
casabonita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
also work on your exam technique for english lit! practice writing essays and read grade 9 examples, so you can make sure your essays are written as eloquently and as organised as them! technique is worth a lot of marks - can't remember but maybe a bit less than half? so that's as important as quotes and ideas.
Qadeer1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Rolo1234)
this is helpful thanks!
Accepted
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
quizlet, sparknotes, seneca and litcharts are all good for quotes :yes: i'd learn some analysis for the quotes you learn to so you're confident talking about them in the exam.
Last edited by absolutelysprout; 10 months ago
Beh12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(GCSEs 2018 here) I got grade 9 in lit, including 100% in the 19th century/Shakespeare paper. What are your other texts? I sell my revision notes online if you’re interested? (Including an Inspector Calls)
Other than that I recommend finding a revision strategy that works for you (try mind maps, posters, power points etc etc) and I found York notes better than cgp generally
Best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads