The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dreamtaes
I saw some shortcuts to move to the next question and flag questions and stuff but i can't seem to do that on medify at the moment. Can anyone tell if they were useful at all in the exam and how they adjusted to using the keys?

are you sure you can't do it on medify? i use medify and it works for me. maybe check you're using the right shortcuts: alt+f to flag, alt+c to bring up the calculator, alt+n to go to the next question and alt+p to go to the previous question. if you are, it might be a problem with your laptop or computer.

i haven't taken the exam before but i think they're very useful. every second counts in the ucat, and i'd say you'll be saving a good few seconds in total using the shortcuts instead of the mouse.
Original post by Anonymous030802
Do you know if you can still check this now for the 8th of August. I’ve tried contacting customer service and they have told me they will try get back to me in 5 business days but I think I will just call them up on Monday.

As of right now, 8th Aug is available only in the morning (AST)
Original post by Bootleg22
How hard is the 1st Medify mock compared to the actual UCAT?
I did it recently and want to know how accurate it is. I know factors like the stress on exam day can't be properly simulated.

Close-ish. Mock 3 and 4 were very similar to my actual scores last year! But everyone is different.
Original post by medhopeeful
Close-ish. Mock 3 and 4 were very similar to my actual scores last year! But everyone is different.

Is it an extreme overestimate?
Thanks
Original post by Mimi0003

Thank you!
Original post by Bootleg22
Is it an extreme overestimate?
Thanks

For me, it wasn't extremely! And the other mocks were either underestimate or very close but 3 and 4 were the most representative for me. Only thing is, I always got Band 1 on Medify last year then got Band 3 in the real thing, that wasn't representative at all but I may be the odd one out because I haven't seen anyone else whos experienced that
I am currently stuck and not making progress in any of the sections :frown: any help?
For me, it wasn't extremely! And the other mocks were either underestimate or very close but 3 and 4 were the most representative for me. Only thing is, I always got Band 1 on Medify last year then got Band 3 in the real thing, that wasn't representative at all but I may be the odd one out because I haven't seen anyone else whos experienced that

How much did it overestimate by?
I can't decide whether to go to a test centre or do it at home. If I went to a centre, it would be in September which might be a bit late? If I did it at home I was thinking late August. I cannot decide :/
Hello guys. i have a question which is. What do you find the best way to do the vr section is. i see a lot of people reading the question and then skimming for answers. also what do you think is the section that needs most revision.
Original post by ACEdaEXAM
Hello guys. i have a question which is. What do you find the best way to do the vr section is. i see a lot of people reading the question and then skimming for answers. also what do you think is the section that needs most revision.

your first question about VR has been asked and answered a few times in the UCAT thread here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6282054&p=89641018&page=129#post89641018 (which you are now in !!!!!)
the second question is really a personal thing that no one else can really answer other yourself cause we are all different one person may enjoy a section that you despise and want to end as quickly as possible
sorry that didn't directly answer your questions but hope I helped (a bit) :smile:
Hey guys,
Does anyone know where I can find probability questions to practice or what year/level I should practice as I suck at them :frown:
Original post by Eliza2251
Hey guys,
Does anyone know where I can find probability questions to practice or what year/level I should practice as I suck at them :frown:

what year/level?
i know that there are probability questions in the isc book. which you can buy
Original post by stereotypeasian
your first question about VR has been asked and answered a few times in the UCAT thread here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6282054&p=89641018&page=129#post89641018 (which you are now in !!!!!)
the second question is really a personal thing that no one else can really answer other yourself cause we are all different one person may enjoy a section that you despise and want to end as quickly as possible
sorry that didn't directly answer your questions but hope I helped (a bit) :smile:

ok thanks
Original post by Mimi0003

you guys plan to do it early???

yeah i experienced this , i was getting band 1 on medify and then I got Band 4 in the real thing, it because I didn't go over the theory of it
Original post by Lennylen628
yeah i experienced this , i was getting band 1 on medify and then I got Band 4 in the real thing, it because I didn't go over the theory of it

did you still get offers despite getting band 4? im really worried this will happen to me
Has anyone sat their UCAT in the morning (9 am) after a long drive to the test center? Did you feel that this negatively impacted your performance?
Original post by sophie1213
did you still get offers despite getting band 4? im really worried this will happen to me

It's possible there are a few universities which ignore SJT such as St George's , Southampton, Plymouth and a few more. Don't be worried as long as you don't make the same mistake as me, I thought last year I didn't need to go over SJT because of the scores on medify, however there are many people who also think this and think its common sense. The best thing for SJT is use the Medify Learn section and make notes and the GMC.
Original post by asclepeion
It is horribly luck and practice based, I'd say a bigger emphasis on luck.
Last year when I sat my UCAT, my computer froze and I lost testing time. I didn't get to redo that section or redo the test or get a bump up or anything. When my computer was restarted, the test immediately continued from where I left off, although the minutes were ticking off still, even during the freeze. They provided an annotation with my score saying I lost testing time and it may have affected my score.

This is so so scary, we’re you at a testing centre... you mention proctor
this was in UK?

Latest

Trending

Trending