16-17 Railcard

Watch
LaafouJamal
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi my birthday is on 15th February 2003.
I want to buy a 16-17 saver card for train fares to get half price. If I get it in January 2020 will it expire in January 2021 before I turn 18 the next month. It said it startes from September but it also says it lasts for a year or until your 18th Birthday. Trains.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LaafouJamal)
Hi my birthday is on 15th February 2003.
I want to buy a 16-17 saver card for train fares to get half price. If I get it in January 2020 will it expire in January 2021 before I turn 18 the next month. It said it startes from September but it also says it lasts for a year or until your 18th Birthday. Trains.
Had to work this out. It will expire 1 year from date of purchase or you reach 18, whichever happens sooner. In your situation it will be January 2021 if you buy it in Jan 2020.

Can I continue to use my 16-17 Saver if I have my 18th birthday before it expires?
A:

No, your 16-17 Saver will be issued for either:

a maximum of 1 year from the date of purchase; or
the period from the date of purchase until the day before your 18th birthday if your 18th birthday falls before the expiry of 1 year from the date of purchase.

However, if you buy a discounted Season ticket before your 16-17 Saver expires, you can continue to use your discounted Season ticket for up to four months after expiry of your 16-17 Saver. The 16-17 Saver will have two dates shown on it:

"Valid until" - which is the expiry date up to which you can purchase new tickets.
"Season Ticket valid until" - which is the last date that you can continue to use any discounted Season ticket for travel. This is four months after the expiry date of the card.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (287)
55.73%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.27%

Watched Threads