The Student Room Group

After a month of waiting, SLC is asking for more evidence. Tuition is still blocked.

I applied as a child of an EU migrant worker, SFW changed the terms of the evidence I would need to send this year (originally it was a payslip issued in September, but now it is a payslip with at least 7 days worked in September, so the earliest my dad could get it was in October). I ended up sending the first piece at the start of October, took them 30 days to ask for more evidence, then I sent what they told me to. Just over 28 working days later (on Christmas Eve), I get an email that they need even more evidence, despite telling me last week that they don't. And my tuition payments are still blocked, which they have absolutely no right to be, considering that my application was approved.

I am seriously on the edge of a mental breakdown. Student Finance has mislead me so many times on the evidence that I would need to send. It is honestly filling me with so much anxiety that I do not know what to do. The university told me that they would be supportive, help and wait until student finance releases the payments, but they are still blocked. And what happens if the SLC decide to say "hey, we checked everything you sent us, sorry, you're not entitled, bye"? Would that mean that I have to pay the university out of my pocket, even if I decide to drop out?

It honestly makes zero sense. I've sent them my father's contract of employment, payslips from previous months for the year (which they didn't ask for previously), his P45 from his previous employer, they told me that they wouldn't need anything else, but lo and behold, I get an email to tell me that they need P45s for employment agencies for which he worked temporarily between switching jobs. I know it's my fault for not being aware of this, but the advisers told me that they had everything they needed...So what happens if the second term starts, SF doesn't unblock my payments and I have to drop out? Would that mean that I would have to pay the tuition fees accrued out of my own pocket? I don't have the money, and I certainly can't afford to take out a loan and pay it off immediately.

The other problem is that my dad has asked for P45s from these agencies almost 2 months ago, he called them last week even, and he still hasn't got his P45s.Is there anything I can possibly do at this point? If my payments remain blocked, can my uni throw me out, and then demand from me to pay the fees for the first and second term? Also, can I just apply as an EU student to get my tuition immediately while waiting for the EU migrant worker loan to come through?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending