Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know it's a bit early for accommodation, but I'm stuck between some unis so I think trying to find some accommodation that I could actually imagine myself in will help my decision making!
I've got an offer for MORSE, which I've heard is a really heavy subject in terms of workload. I do enjoy going out, and usually go out once or twice a fortnight, but I definitely also appreciate the quiet when studying and also generally go to bed and wake up pretty early (like 5am early). I really like the Rootes rooms mostly because they have a basin which is my number one favourite thing, but I've heard it's like the party accommodation. As much as I am a social person, I think I'd prefer to have quieter accommodation I could come back to after going out, and definitely couldn't deal with really loud people when I'm trying to sleep. The only other rooms with a basin is Cryfield and Westwood and I've heard really bad things about both (eg Westwood is really far out and isolated). Is Rootes really a party/rave type accommodation, or are there chill places as well? Am I better off going to far out accommodation like Westwood or something like Lakeside even if they have a dead social life?
Canary84
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you put Westwood anywhere in preferences you are likely to get it
(Source : put it 6th of 6)
Rootes is definitely the loudest accom but as with all accommodation at any uni varies block to block
skittish
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My partner's at Warwick (Heronbank) and I've only heard bad things about Rootes but it depends what you're into? And the social life really depends on how much effort you're willing to put in. I'd personally go with Westwood, but it's up to you. Good luck!
Warwick Business School
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know it's a bit early for accommodation, but I'm stuck between some unis so I think trying to find some accommodation that I could actually imagine myself in will help my decision making!
I've got an offer for MORSE, which I've heard is a really heavy subject in terms of workload. I do enjoy going out, and usually go out once or twice a fortnight, but I definitely also appreciate the quiet when studying and also generally go to bed and wake up pretty early (like 5am early). I really like the Rootes rooms mostly because they have a basin which is my number one favourite thing, but I've heard it's like the party accommodation. As much as I am a social person, I think I'd prefer to have quieter accommodation I could come back to after going out, and definitely couldn't deal with really loud people when I'm trying to sleep. The only other rooms with a basin is Cryfield and Westwood and I've heard really bad things about both (eg Westwood is really far out and isolated). Is Rootes really a party/rave type accommodation, or are there chill places as well? Am I better off going to far out accommodation like Westwood or something like Lakeside even if they have a dead social life?
Hey!

It is great to see you are considering studying at Warwick University, have you taken a look at the Warwick University accommodation website? It is really useful and has so much information on it about the different accommodation options.
https://warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/

Have you considered emailing our accommodation team on: [email protected] for their advise on the different accommodations? They'd also be more than happy to talk with you regarding accommodation if you would prefer to give them a call on:+44 (0) 24 7652 3772

I hope this is helpful

Danielle
vassilis.psomas
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You can find good-quality student accommodation at badi as well! Check it out badi.link/basile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (285)
60.51%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.67%
No- I want it (129)
27.39%
No- I don't want it (35)
7.43%

Watched Threads