The Student Room Group

Dissertation planning as a disabled student?

i get started on my dissertation in the new semester, but as a student with ADHD i often find it hard to keep myself organised and accountable. anyone have any suggestions?
should be noted that i try to do callendars and planners, but theyre extremely hard for me to reliably update
Original post by princetonalec
i get started on my dissertation in the new semester, but as a student with ADHD i often find it hard to keep myself organised and accountable. anyone have any suggestions?
should be noted that i try to do callendars and planners, but theyre extremely hard for me to reliably update

My son was in the same position and he did ok with planning and support
I assume uni is aware
Do you get dsa?
Have you asked for/been offered mind mapping software?
Original post by Sammylou40
My son was in the same position and he did ok with planning and support
I assume uni is aware
Do you get dsa?
Have you asked for/been offered mind mapping software?

the uni is aware, i do get dsa (though my study support recently fell through since my uni changed from providing internal support to a supplier we have to contact ourselves, and after contacting them they just never replied to me) and i do get mindmapping programs (inspiration specifically) but i tejd to find that mainly helps with organising my thoughts over creating a schedule if that makes sense?
the uni is aware, i do get dsa (though my study support recently fell through since my uni changed from providing internal support to a supplier we have to contact ourselves, and after contacting them they just never replied to me) and i do get mindmapping programs (inspiration specifically) but i tejd to find that mainly helps with organising my thoughts over creating a schedule if that makes sense?

Yes it does
id suggest speaking to your advisor at uni ASAP.
I can’t provide you with anything practical but if you need a listening ear anytime you can pm me
Original post by Sammylou40
Yes it does
id suggest speaking to your advisor at uni ASAP.
I can’t provide you with anything practical but if you need a listening ear anytime you can pm me

thank you for the advice! i'll try to get in contact with my advisor (unfortunately in my experience my university really fell short in terms of learning difficulty support, but i suppose dont ask dont get)
thank you for offering to be a listening ear too!
Reply 5
thank you for the advice! i'll try to get in contact with my advisor (unfortunately in my experience my university really fell short in terms of learning difficulty support, but i suppose dont ask dont get)
thank you for offering to be a listening ear too!

Good luck to you!

Quick Reply

Latest