Sximaaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there, I’m in year 12 hoping to study dentistry . I’ve called in to a few dentists and emailed if I could shadow but they all have said no. Are they any dentists that anyone is aware of that will allow me to shadow in Birmingham?
HannahWilson9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sximaaaa)
Hi there, I’m in year 12 hoping to study dentistry . I’ve called in to a few dentists and emailed if I could shadow but they all have said no. Are they any dentists that anyone is aware of that will allow me to shadow in Birmingham?
I can't help you, but I had the same problem. I went to a number of dentists and they all said I had to be over 18, apparently, its because there are health and safety issues (which is weird because almost all Unis require work experience for dentistry). Does your school/college have a work experience teacher you can go to? Maybe they can help you out.
Oluwadamilooolaa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I suggest you go to your careers advisor in school. They’ll help you. I also had difficulty to find shadowing in an nhs dentistry environment, but my careers advisor in school helped me massively. I’m now a Dentistry applicant .
Last edited by Oluwadamilooolaa; 1 month ago
Sximaaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sumayyah.Akhtar)
I suggest you go to your careers advisor in school. They’ll help you. I also had difficulty to find shadowing in an nhs dentistry environment, but my careers advisor in school helped me massively. I’m now a Dentistry applicant .
thank you what gcse grades and alevel grades have you got?
username4966870
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m in the same situation ffs, emailed about 4 dental clinics and none of them have replied dunno what to do
Last edited by username4966870; 1 month ago
Sximaaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous__02)
I’m in the same situation ffs, emailed about 4 dental clinics and none of them have replied dunno what to do
Hii I’ve finally found a place. Try local areas , smaller practises x
username4966870
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hii I’ve finally found a place. Try local areas , smaller practises x
Did you get the place by emailing or going in?
Sximaaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous__02)
Did you get the place by emailing or going in?
Email !! Just say on the email why you’d like to have the experience and what you’re studying
Oluwadamilooolaa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thank you what gcse grades and alevel grades have you got?
A*A*A predicted. (I’m a Dentistry applicant for 2020 entry so I haven’t done my exams yet ofc).
And in terms of gcse, 9999888877
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (273)
61.21%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.71%