Food drowsed in olive oil

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

So my mum loves cooking with olive oil. She literally drowses everything in olive oil whether it veggies or salad. She’s literally like Jamie Oliver. It’s literally scary. I can’t tell her not to coz no one in the house minds and my dad loves olive oil. Am I meant to eat it in small portions or not eat it at all and am I just meant to start cooking my own food? Anyone else’s mum loves olive oil lol?
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, I usually just put a bit on salad. Dowsing in olive oil is unhealthy. You can use a sieve or a paper towel to try and absorb the excess oil if needed.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Deggs_14)
No, I usually just put a bit on salad. Dowsing in olive oil is unhealthy. You can use a sieve or a paper towel to try and absorb the excess oil if needed.
Mum thinks love oil doesn’t make you fat. They say it’s healthy for the heart tho but doesn’t mean it doesn’t have calories. Oh I never thought about using a sieve or tissues. Thanks x
Ben878
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Mum thinks love oil doesn’t make you fat. They say it’s healthy for the heart tho but doesn’t mean it doesn’t have calories. Oh I never thought about using a sieve or tissues. Thanks x
Love oil is certainly healthy for the heart

But, that aside, atleast it's olive oil and not the bad cooking oils out there. Olive oil will have lots of calories and contribute to your daily fat consumption though (but again if you're going to makeup your fat intake it might as well be olive oil than other things that have high fat count)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ben878)
Love oil is certainly healthy for the heart

But, that aside, atleast it's olive oil and not the bad cooking oils out there. Olive oil will have lots of calories and contribute to your daily fat consumption though (but again if you're going to makeup your fat intake it might as well be olive oil than other things that have high fat count)
Olive oil*😂😂😂 that’s true tho. Thanks for you reply x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
17.52%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.52%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.87%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.2%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.52%

Watched Threads