The Student Room Group

How to revise gcse history

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you are all enjoying your holidays.
So I'm doing ocr history b for GCSE's that I'm going to sit this summer but I don't know how to revise history. I need to do history for a level's and so I would really like to get a good grade. My history teacher, however, does nothing to support us, he doesn't even have faith that anyone in our class would get anything above a grade 5!
Are you struggling with the content or is the exams that are more of a problem for you?
learning dates is really important, i found
I’d say use Seneca Learning (website) to go over content and then just do practice questions. As much as they are time consuming and annoying to write, it’s the best way to improve. We were doing at least one practice question every lesson. Do them in timed conditions and hand them to your teacher to mark. You should hopefully manage to improve that way. I got an 8 through doing this, but then I’ve always enjoyed history and am doing it for A-Level. Hope this helps and good luck!
yep, seneca is great for revision :smile:
Original post by stillcrying
I’d say use Seneca Learning (website) to go over content and then just do practice questions. As much as they are time consuming and annoying to write, it’s the best way to improve. We were doing at least one practice question every lesson. Do them in timed conditions and hand them to your teacher to mark. You should hopefully manage to improve that way. I got an 8 through doing this, but then I’ve always enjoyed history and am doing it for A-Level. Hope this helps and good luck!

Im using seneca for sciences, but I cant find any resources for history, Is there anything on there to help with igcse topics like ww2 and the cold war?
Original post by Isabel Rose
Im using seneca for sciences, but I cant find any resources for history, Is there anything on there to help with igcse topics like ww2 and the cold war?

I did cold war for GCSE and that topic was on there, not sure about ww2 though. Just look under GCSE because I'm not sure if there are iGCSE ones.
Original post by PetitePanda
Are you struggling with the content or is the exams that are more of a problem for you?

I think its mainly remembering all the content and exam technique like I'm really struggling with my exam technique because apparently OCR - my exam board for history- is really strict in like how you answer the questions.
Original post by fleuriegrace
learning dates is really important, i found

Ooh ok, Thanks!
Original post by stillcrying

Oh ok, I'll definitely check that out. Thanks sis!
Original post by littlemissshawty
I think its mainly remembering all the content and exam technique like I'm really struggling with my exam technique because apparently OCR - my exam board for history- is really strict in like how you answer the questions.

Probably summarise the content so you have a set of knowledge you can bring to the exam and you’ll be surprised how much other stuff you’ll remember with it. I did this with mindmaps so maybe it’ll help you. With exam techniques maybe go on a 1 to 1 with another teacher with what to do or maybe other students with how they answer the questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending