Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I'm looking at joining the police as a constable with interest in becoming a high ranking officer and wanted to know about the best way to enter.

The first option is the PCDA (https://www.college.police.uk/What-w...nticeship.aspx) and the second option is doing a degree and then going on to the grad scheme at the met police (http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/ne.../graduates.php). The way it is worded, the met police grad scheme is focused on having the officers reach their potential whereas the degree apprenticeship seems like they want just another constable.

Can you please let me know what route you think is best?

Thanks
AzzyArslan
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I'm currently a PCDA candidate. If I'm unable to get in my parents would probably make me go uni in which case I would probably do the Policing degree but doing PCDA is my preferable choice and if I want to do a different job in future then I can just do a master's.
pineapple_123
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
what force have u all applied for?
Ive done the MET
rachell32003
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi I’m currently in year 1 of college and my aim for when I leave is to apply for the PCDA scheme for the met police , I’m just wondering how the application process has gone for you ?. I’m nervous I won’t get accepted when I’m 18 and won’t know what to do next . Thanks d_bains16
Last edited by rachell32003; 1 year ago
pineapple_123
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rachell32003)
Hi I’m currently in year 1 of college and my aim for when I leave is to apply for the PCDA scheme for the met police , I’m just wondering how the application process has gone for you ?. I’m nervous I won’t get accepted when I’m 18 and won’t know what to do next . Thanks d_bains16
Hey, I mean the PCDA is an alternative to university i guess. But you don't have to be nervous all the training and vital policing skills will be given in training and the apprenticeship itself, so don't worry and be positive .

The application has been pretty ok so far, I need to have my day one assessment yet they said on the general queries thing that it'll be sometimes in July. But so far so good. When are u planning on joining the met? My only worry is trying to find someone my age I guess so that I can get a bit of the "student life" experience too.
But gl and yh dw about being 18 they want younger ppl i guess
gb1893
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by d_bains16)
what force have u all applied for?
Ive done the MET
Amazing I’ve also applied for the Met (DHEP) are you in a position to receive your start date?
james19o6
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello gb1893, i have applied for Met dhep too and passed the test. have you have started working? if you did how is it and is the pay good at all?
vepp96
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by james19o6)
Hello gb1893, i have applied for Met dhep too and passed the test. have you have started working? if you did how is it and is the pay good at all?
Hey there, I'm also waiting for a start date. Just to let you know the DHEP hasn't started running yet, the first intake was supposed to be September but it got cancelled and now apparently there are no more intakes until 2021!!
Esingh-2001
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Hey guys, anyone started the PCDA? i'm 17 years old and just applied for it, i found out that i have to wait till i get 18 so I'm no in rush, i just wanted to ask if it easy to get accepted at the start? before taking the assessments? please let me know i'm very curious!

Thnks
Jo+Alevels11
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hello I've recently turned 17 and I may want to apply for PCDA scheme. I'd like to know when you applied is there straight an assessment or do you have to wait because of your age? Also did they mention Gcse/Alevel grades for an unconditional offer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (1)
5.56%
Okay (5)
27.78%
A bit lacking (6)
33.33%
Not good at all (6)
33.33%

Watched Threads