• View Poll Results: Act or Prick?
    He's putting on an act
    25.45%
    nuh wai man hes the dawg o' dis shizzle
    12.73%
    He's just a prick :dry:
    61.82%

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's true he's not actually putting that on, he is genuinely a ****.

ReputationRep:
    He's not putting on an act at all. He's been like this for god knows how long. He's a good DJ and is well respected. Just because he has white skin doesn't stop him from being able to appreciate black music.

ReputationRep:
    I hate him. >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    I'm sorry Fusion and my idea of what constitutes humour is a witty comment perfectly well timed with a hint of truth, would you like a tissue to dry your eyes? You know you can say generalisations like we did when 60% of all black children are raised in single parent families.
    Your comment may have met your criteria for humour, but that doesn't make it acceptable. I could make a 'witty comment' about Jewish people and the holocaust (extreme example, admittedly) with that hint of truth and perfect timing. I wouldn't because it would offend a lot of people - clearly not something you're fussed about.

By the way, your comment didn't constitute humour in my opinion. It wasn't funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    He's not putting on an act at all. He's been like this for god knows how long. He's a good DJ and is well respected. Just because he has white skin doesn't stop him from being able to appreciate black music.
    Nah, its not because he likes "black music" although i'd refer to it as urban music. Its the way he expresses himself and talks that a lot of people hate. He's a true hip hop head and has been around in the game for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    hes the:

'BIG DAWGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    Or from being a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and rather predictably, he went to a private school.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Westwood. *insert bomb sound*

ReputationRep:
    Xzibit wins hands down, Westwood makes me contemplate suicide. I can't even comprehend how I'd feel if I were subjected to hours of his pathetic show, blegh. "WEESSTTWWOOODD" or whatever he says on his remixes, oh dear, just oh dear.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    'Good' and 'Bad' are the same measurements for black and white people in my eyes, of course if walking out on your children is an acceptable thing to do amongst the black community I do appologise. I know you get good and bad people from every race but what are there more bad people contained within that race? It makes no sense and there's no excuses for it. This is why I am highlighting the issue, because fools keep saying 'its because they're deprived, we aren't giving them enough free stuff'.
    I hope you don't mind, but i think many people will agree when i suggest that you would fall in the "bad" category, you see, i personally see racism as "bad":rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Your facts are of course, undeniable - black people are more likely to be involved in crime in Britain. But you fail to consider that it might be more a vicious circle - lack of ambition and opportunity for ex-immigrants is something that's pretty hard to escape - they are also more likely to be of lower socio-economic class because of this. And if you took the lower classes alone, I'd imagine the crime statistics are much closer between races.
    Crime has been glamorised in black music and culture, but maybe thats for the above reasons, too?

ReputationRep:
    oh, and westwood sucks - but it's amusing when some of the world's coolest people take him seriously. Maybe they laugh behind his back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsIpod)
    I hope you don't mind, but i think many people will agree when i suggest that you would fall in the "bad" category, you see, i personally see racism as "bad":rolleyes:
    It's labels like 'racism' that defend their behavior, yes they are a race but that doesn't make them immune from being prone to certain crimes as a group does it? For instance if we wanted to crack down on credit card fraud we'd target white/asian people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worldwide)
    Your facts are of course, undeniable - black people are more likely to be involved in crime in Britain. But you fail to consider that it might be more a vicious circle - lack of ambition and opportunity for ex-immigrants is something that's pretty hard to escape - they are also more likely to be of lower socio-economic class because of this. And if you took the lower classes alone, I'd imagine the crime statistics are much closer between races.
    Crime has been glamorised in black music and culture, but maybe thats for the above reasons, too?
    Socioeconomic reasons don't really forgive their higher rates of crime. Black people account for 3% of the nation and 15% of crime. Currently 30% of people in our country are in the same lower socioeconomic as black people (if we assume all 3% of black people are in the poorest group which they aren't). It stands to basic reason that this 30% of people can't possible be committing 5x more crime per head because that would mean crime would be at 150% which is impossible. I do think it is black music and culture that creates a lot of the problems but the lack of fathers in their community I think holds the most answers for their worse behavior. I don't know why 50% of the fathers walk out on their children though, there are no 50 cent songs about that.

Why are people bringing this topic back up after like 2 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    He gets home every night with slippers, and pipe with a really clipped public school boy accent obviously. You can see that.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.