Year of Entry]

[1st Institution]
Imperial College London

[2nd Institution]
university College London ( UCL )

[3rd Institution]
Bristol University

[4th Institution]
Leeds Maybe..?! ( thinking about one ukcat university)

[5th Choice if you are applying for a 5th]
London School of Pharmacy MPharm- Maybe...biomedicial sciences..?!

[GCSE Reults]
AA( science) A ( Business Studies) A* ( Food Technology) B ( spanish) B (media studies) B ( maths) C and C ( English Language and literature - resitting language) Merit ( GNVQ ICT ) - average resultss !

[AS Results]
AAAB Biology, Law, Chemistry and Psychology

[A2 Results/Predictions]
Summer 2008 - Already achieved: AAA Biology, Chemistry and Law

[Work Experience/Voluntary]
1 week at GP's surgery,
Sahara homes - nursing home dementia and alzeimers patients !
Queen Victoria Hospital - organised experience... May 2009
2 weeks at pharmacy
first aid course
working with the british red cross: Emergence Response volunteer
working with the BRC again: with humanatarian education officer - in high schools taking about first aid, starvation issues, refugees etc.
Young Enterprise London - Business advisor to sixth Business studies business competition.
Young enterprise london: primary schools programmes - examining world trade issues etc
Pandor clothing: recpetion helper..
Nursery- children with special needs
and ofcourse all the school stuff - mentoring, open days etc !
---- later this year ----
Police Cadets
training to be a first aid trainer ( pending )
St.Jhons Ambulance volunteering ( pending )
police cadets ( pending)

constructive gap year...?!

[UKCAT]
Horrendously disturning score - 5** (less than 550 )
[BMAT]
should go better

went to Imperial pot med event- ... ofcourse a fab uni - looks pretty decent with their admissions process...hopig bmat 17 score.. should get an interview !
- Applying first time round !

]Any one wants to give advice ..?! does anybody know whats the lowest ukcat score thats been accepted....?!
cant belive its time to apply already ! the most scariest thing ! Though I am excited to see what the whole process has in store for me ! ( really hope i get 2 interviews) or something..... and JUST ONE place will do ! lol ! just hope i dont have to cry the same lenght as i did on the day of my ukcat ! or the past 2 years !
Please give advise on my ukcat score....? english gcse resit..?! my 2 main concerns ! feels pretty light when you already have the grades ! - but thats the easiest bit in the process ! How are other people feeling with low ukcat scores !
I personally feel this test is of no use !! its more of a
how fast can you guess..? - 10 seconds ( you are the one who invented seconds !! ) 20 seconds ( when was the last time you saw the time ?) 30 seconds ( go home mate ! medicine aint the thing for you ) - it makes one feel horrible ! all becasue of this... i am at the BOTTOM of the PILE !
Sprout_hair
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
FINAL and sent off:

* BSMS
* Leeds
* Cardiff
* Liverpool

I'm sure the rejections are soon to follow!
Hyeree
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ShafaqRauf)
Year of Entry]

[1st Institution]
Imperial College London

[2nd Institution]
university College London ( UCL )

[3rd Institution]
Bristol University

[4th Institution]
Leeds Maybe..?! ( thinking about one ukcat university)

[5th Choice if you are applying for a 5th]
London School of Pharmacy MPharm- Maybe...biomedicial sciences..?!

[GCSE Reults]
AA( science) A ( Business Studies) A* ( Food Technology) B ( spanish) B (media studies) B ( maths) C and C ( English Language and literature - resitting language) Merit ( GNVQ ICT ) - average resultss !

[AS Results]
AAAB Biology, Law, Chemistry and Psychology

[A2 Results/Predictions]
Summer 2008 - Already achieved: AAA Biology, Chemistry and Law

[Work Experience/Voluntary]
1 week at GP's surgery,
Sahara homes - nursing home dementia and alzeimers patients !
Queen Victoria Hospital - organised experience... May 2009
2 weeks at pharmacy
first aid course
working with the british red cross: Emergence Response volunteer
working with the BRC again: with humanatarian education officer - in high schools taking about first aid, starvation issues, refugees etc.
Young Enterprise London - Business advisor to sixth Business studies business competition.
Young enterprise london: primary schools programmes - examining world trade issues etc
Pandor clothing: recpetion helper..
Nursery- children with special needs
and ofcourse all the school stuff - mentoring, open days etc !
---- later this year ----
Police Cadets
training to be a first aid trainer ( pending )
St.Jhons Ambulance volunteering ( pending )
police cadets ( pending)

constructive gap year...?!

[UKCAT]
Horrendously disturning score - 5** (less than 550 )
[BMAT]
should go better

went to Imperial pot med event- ... ofcourse a fab uni - looks pretty decent with their admissions process...hopig bmat 17 score.. should get an interview !
- Applying first time round !

]Any one wants to give advice ..?! does anybody know whats the lowest ukcat score thats been accepted....?!
cant belive its time to apply already ! the most scariest thing ! Though I am excited to see what the whole process has in store for me ! ( really hope i get 2 interviews) or something..... and JUST ONE place will do ! lol ! just hope i dont have to cry the same lenght as i did on the day of my ukcat ! or the past 2 years !
Please give advise on my ukcat score....? english gcse resit..?! my 2 main concerns ! feels pretty light when you already have the grades ! - but thats the easiest bit in the process ! How are other people feeling with low ukcat scores !
I personally feel this test is of no use !! its more of a
how fast can you guess..? - 10 seconds ( you are the one who invented seconds !! ) 20 seconds ( when was the last time you saw the time ?) 30 seconds ( go home mate ! medicine aint the thing for you ) - it makes one feel horrible ! all becasue of this... i am at the BOTTOM of the PILE !
nah. i think you have a chance.
you are applying to only one ukcat arent you.=]]
and your grades seem alirght.. except english will be a problem and maybe math as well.. idk really about that though...
but you have awesome work experience and stuff...
^^ good luck.
we all have our downsides, unfortunately....
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ok at this point my options are; cambridge, imperial, edinburgh and birmingham. these are obviously incredibly competitive institutes but they are the ones that I would love studying medicine at. however there is a big query on edinburgh. would it be wise of me applying there when already applying to the other 3?
Kinkerz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
ok at this point my options are; cambridge, imperial, edinburgh and birmingham. these are obviously incredibly competitive institutes but they are the ones that I would love studying medicine at. however there is a big query on edinburgh. would it be wise of me applying there when already applying to the other 3?
Cambridge interview almst 100% of their students, so if you have a great interview, your chances are great!
A good BMAT score gives you a really good chance at Imperial.
If you have 7A* Birmingham becomes the least competitive institution!

Edinburgh is arguably the most competitive of your choices as there's less in your own hands - they don't interview, so it's all on your UCAS form and UKCAT. So Edinburgh is probably the toughest out of your choices, but if you really want to study there, you'd regret not applying...
FTC199
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what are your grades? they are very picky about grades but as long as you have certain ones you will get lots of points from the accademic section of their selection
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by FTC199)
what are your grades? they are very picky about grades but as long as you have certain ones you will get lots of points from the accademic section of their selection
Too good for my liking!!
FTC199
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jjkkll)
Too good for my liking!!
edinburgh get to pick from 3000 very strong candidates so they put their cut-offs really high so fewer people drop out because the course is too academically rigorous for them later on (only in my 3rd week and there is so much to do! but it is really great as well)
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I want to go to So'ton :p:
jjkkll
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toiletpaper8)
I want to go to So'ton :p:

I want to go to UCL, SOTON, BSMS or Bristol :p:
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I want to go to UCL, SOTON, BSMS or Bristol :p:
:hmmm:. There must be one you really want to go to!

You have very hard choices by the way...
jjkkll
Rep:
?
:hmmm:. There must be one you really want to go to!

You have very hard choices by the way...
Well UCL

and Which Medical School is EASY?
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well UCL

and Which Medical School is EASY?
Some medical schools are harder though. Bristol's PS requirements and general applicants to places isn't very nice, I think. BSMS is generally over-subscribed and So'ton don't interview to the applicantslaces is ridiculous every year :p:

Medical schools which are easy?? Queen's Belfast. Peninsula isn't too hard. B'ham if you have 7A*s, the interview/offer ratio is brilliant.
Isometrix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FTC199)
8 a*s and 2 a's at gcse, and 4 a's at AS. it's not the academic bit i'm worried about. it's more the non-academic bit...and my ukcat, which i know is above average...but below average for your average edinburgh applicant as far as i can see. can i ask what you scored in your ukcat?
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some medical schools are harder though. Bristol's PS requirements and general applicants to places isn't very nice, I think. BSMS is generally over-subscribed and So'ton don't interview to the applicantslaces is ridiculous every year :p:

Medical schools which are easy?? Queen's Belfast. Peninsula isn't too hard. B'ham if you have 7A*s, the interview/offer ratio is brilliant.
Go peninsula!
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
8 a*s and 2 a's at gcse, and 4 a's at AS. it's not the academic bit i'm worried about. it's more the non-academic bit...and my ukcat, which i know is above average...but below average for your average edinburgh applicant as far as i can see. can i ask what you scored in your ukcat?
He's probably Scottish though, which despite what Edinburgh and others may say, still counts largely in your favour.

EDIT: Why Edinburgh, might I ask?
jjkkll
Rep:
?

I think is score well on those criteria

dont like scotland, dont have 7A*s, dont wanna go PBL.

Plus not like it matters not ive submited
FTC199
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
8 a*s and 2 a's at gcse, and 4 a's at AS. it's not the academic bit i'm worried about. it's more the non-academic bit...and my ukcat. can i ask what you scored in your ukcat?
you will get full marks on the grades then (so 12 points) and possibly the extra 1/2 for outstanding accademic achievement if you are lucky

i got 730 on my UKCAT but you have a score over 600 and great grades, presumably a good personal statement and reference with lots of work experience then you should be a very good candidate for them and have a good chance of an offer
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think is score well on those criteria

dont like scotland, dont have 7A*s, dont wanna go PBL.

Plus not like it matters not ive submited
Queen's Belfast is in N. Ireland :p:
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Queen's Belfast is in N. Ireland :p:

Good point, dont like ireland
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?