Southampton

[3rd Institution]
    Cardiff

[4th Institution]
    Nottingham

[5th Choice if you are applying for a 5th]
    Medical Physiology (B120) at Leicester

[GCSE Reults]
    A*'s - Geography, Double Award Science, English Lit (amazes me to this day)
    A's - Maths, German, English Language, PE, RE,
    B's - Citizenship (hah), Art, Economics

[AS Results]
    ABBBCD
    (Maths, Biology (2 UMS off an A), Chemistry (2 UMS off the A), Physics, Further Maths (Retaking FP1 in January as in modules I got BBU!!)

[A2 Results/Predictions]
    Predicted AAA in biology, chemistry and maths.

[Work Experience/Voluntary]

Have been working for 2 hours a week as a volunteer on a surgical ward at my local hospital since February. Also, I have a Saturday job in a pharmacy, which I've had since May, which has been really good experience as well.

[UKCAT]

685. VR-700, QR-690, AR-690, DA-660

[BMAT]
    Didn't have to take it! (Har har)

[Any other comments]
    Thought I'd finally get around to filling this thingie out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    and i'm sorry, but you're not very nice. calling someone a disgrace to the english language? what on earth gives you the authority to make a statement like that? especially considering that your english isn't exactly perfect; it's "your grades", not "you're grades".
    maybe the op's application isn't perfect, but that doesn't for one second give you the right to go and blast them like that, especially in such an arrogant and patronising manner. i suggest you learn some basic decency.
    You're just making things up now... :yep: Read my post again, I never wrote "you're" :rolleyes:.. lol no but really u've got a good point there I feel like such an idiot now :nopity: I'm sorry but she really pissed me off... she was taking the mick out of medicine and sorry i just can't stand that. 2 of my close relatives died during heart surgery and you get people like her comparing it to slicing pork!! :eek:

I'm sorry if I hurt you and my apologies to everyone else who got offended

As for the person who thinks I have an IQ of a snail, o well.. :yep: i guess i do howd u know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v_balian)
    You're just making things up now... :yep: Read my post again, I never wrote "you're" :rolleyes:.. lol no but really u've got a good point there I feel like such an idiot now :nopity: I'm sorry but she really pissed me off... she was taking the mick out of medicine and sorry i just can't stand that. 2 of my close relatives died during heart surgery and you get people like her comparing it to slicing pork!! :eek:

I'm sorry if I hurt you and my apologies to everyone else who got offended

As for the person who thinks I have an IQ of a snail, o well.. :yep: i guess i do howd u know?

LOL

Just cos you seemed to get a little too angry at her when she was clearly taking the piss.

But I'm sure your true IQ is much higher than the average person.

ReputationRep:
    You're just making things up now... :yep: Read my post again, I never wrote "you're" :rolleyes:.)
    Yes, editing your post kind of fixed that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cucumber sandwich)
    Yes, editing your post kind of fixed that :rolleyes:
    yes, well done for stating the obvious.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    TSRers bring the lols to everything.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but you're a disgrace to both the English language and the field of Medicine. Are you out of your mind? You think you'll get into Oxford with a personal statement in which you compare slicing pork to performing heart surgery? And your grades... ABC in Textiles, English and Cambodian cookery? What kind of A-levels, if so, are these?? Did you not stop and think for a second that Chemistry, Maths, Biology, and maybe Physics would be useful??? Have you even checked the minimum requirements for medicine at the universities you're applying to? And why are you quoting your UKCAT score as a percentile? Are you taking the mick or smthn? :confused:
    Quite simply the funniest thing I've read in a long time. And made all the funnier by the fact I think you were being serious when you wrote it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Quite simply the funniest thing I've read in a long time. And made all the funnier by the fact I think you were being serious when you wrote it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjkkll)
    i just checked thorough my UCAS apply and it allows you to selecet Newcastle Twice and Choose the two different campuses (Durham or Newcastle).

So yes youcan apply to both
    saw your first post - is it odd that you were 18 at the start of october and are applying now in your last year of school yet i am 17 and in first year on a medicine course without skipping any years at school

it seems strange to me that you are more than a year older than me yet i am further ahead educationally-wise

thats my random comment for the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTC199)
    saw your first post - is it odd that you were 18 at the start of october and are applying now in your last year of school yet i am 17 and in first year on a medicine course without skipping any years at school

it seems strange to me that you are more than a year older than me yet i am further ahead educationally-wise

How can you be 17 and a 1st year at uni?
    I'm the youngest person in my year and born on the cut off date for yr 13 [August 31st] and even I'll be [just about] 18 for my 1st year at university.
    Being 18 and in year 13 is normal by the way.
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer

The scottish education system is different to the english education system. That's why.

I'm one year young too, but I skipped a year :cool:

ReputationRep:

Seriously?

Whats your date of birth?

Well technically i missed out a year as i was born after 1st September, so i started school one year later due to being born one month late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Make_It)

How can you be 17 and a 1st year at uni?
    I'm the youngest person in my year and born on the cut off date for yr 13 [August 31st] and even I'll be [just about] 18 for my 1st year at university.
    Being 18 and in year 13 is normal by the way.
    im scottish. our cut off date is 28th february so some people are very young. im only 20th november though so not too bad. half of my year left school aged 17 so it seems normal to me, it just seems odd that people who are a year older than me are a year behind education-wise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjkkll)
    Seriously?

Whats your date of birth?

Well technically i missed out a year as i was born after 1st September, so i started school one year later due to being born one month late.
    yup seriously im 20/11/1990 but im scottish so thats normal

i know the two countries have different cut off dates but i think its wierd that if i had lived 100 miles south of where i do, i would only be applying to university now!

ReputationRep:
    yup seriously im 20/11/1990 but im scottish so thats normal

i know the two countries have different cut off dates but i think its wierd that if i had lived 100 miles south of where i do, i would only be applying to university now!

Your well young!! haha.

its weird, that you will have finished your foundation years when ill be starting my foundation yr and well be the same age.

ReputationRep:
    [Year of Entry]
    [1st Institution]
    Leicester
    [2nd Institution]
    Leeds
    [3rd Institution]
    Keele
    [4th Institution]
    Newcastle
    Oxford, Cehmistry
    [GCSE Reults]
    Mainly Bs
    [AS Results]
    ABBB
    [A2 Results/Predictions]
    Pred: AAAA
    2 Years
    -9 month full-time hospital
    -6 month part-time nursing home
    -9 month community care assistant (30 hrs/week), still working.
    [UKCAT]
    [BMAT]
    Not applicable!
    [Any other comments]
    I dont think I will get into any of those medschools...but I heard there are also people playing the lottery!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tr0n)
    [Year of Entry]
    [1st Institution]
    Leicester
    [2nd Institution]
    Leeds
    [3rd Institution]
    Keele
    [4th Institution]
    Newcastle
    Oxford, Cehmistry
    [GCSE Reults]
    Mainly Bs
    [AS Results]
    ABBB
    [A2 Results/Predictions]
    Pred: AAAA
    2 Years
    -9 month full-time hospital
    -6 month part-time nursing home
    -9 month community care assistant (30 hrs/week), still working.
    [UKCAT]
    [BMAT]
    Not applicable!
    [Any other comments]
    I dont think I will get into any of those medschools...but I heard there are also people playing the lottery!
    Other than your GCSEs its a very stong application. Hopefully you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    [Year of Entry]

[1st Institution]
    BSMS

[2nd Institution]
    UEA

[3rd Institution]
    Sheffield

[4th Institution]
    Nottingham

Nope

[GCSE Reults]
    A*'s - Geography, RE
    A's - Maths, English Language, English Lit, Spanish, French, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, ICT

[AS Results]
    BCCD (Biology, Chemistry,
    Geography and Maths....retaking modules from all except Biology)

[A2 Results/Predictions]
    AAB (Biology, Geography, Chemistry)

4 Days in Obs and Gynae dept, shadowed SHO (went to loads of diff depts), visited haemotology and pathology, went on labour ward etc
    3 Days in Care Home
    Work at Russell and Bromley on kids dept part time
    [UKCAT]
    685. VR-600, QR-690, AR-570, DA-880

[BMAT]
    Didn't have to take it!!!

[Any other comments]
    Well I've started to hear already but thought I would fill this out anyway!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.