?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Monologue help, ideas, workshop
freyabonbon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Pls does anyone have any tips for the workshop.?
SophiaBA2015
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by freyabonbon)
Monologue help, ideas, workshop
I did for my drama audition the speech about Buba from Forest Gump, or you could do Attonment?

Do you have a set timing for how long it should be?

Best of luck!
freyabonbon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Thx for the ideas! i will look into them. It has to be a max of 2 mins
Rhett1511
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SophiaBA2015)
I did for my drama audition the speech about Buba from Forest Gump, or you could do Attonment?

Do you have a set timing for how long it should be?

Best of luck!
But you're only allowed to use monologues from published plays
06chambersk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I auditioned and got in last year (2019), I’m also ambassadoring for the auditions this year. If anyone has any questions I’m happy to help
Rhett1511
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 06chambersk)
I auditioned and got in last year (2019), I’m also ambassadoring for the auditions this year. If anyone has any questions I’m happy to help
Now i'm curious...
What was the workshop like?
What was the interview like?
And what do you do during the Summer course?

Sorry 3 big questions but my excitment and nervousness are fueling my need for knowledge... 😂
06chambersk
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rhett1511)
Now i'm curious...
What was the workshop like?
What was the interview like?
And what do you do during the Summer course?

Sorry 3 big questions but my excitement and nervousness are fueling my need for knowledge... 😂
The workshop is super fun, it’s starts with a warm up and a bit of exercise just to get you loose, you then play some games and sometimes discuss why they could be rehearsal techniques (wink murderer for example). You then build to devising some short pieces in different groups by doing some character and team building games. You might talk about your life experiences and use them to influence pieces. It can sometimes push you out of your comfort zone but be friendly and open and throw yourself into it.

In the interview all I got asked was what I do outside of school- don’t just talk about stage school if you go to one. She also asked me what I thought of the workshop that morning- mention the positives and what you will take away with you/ the effect it’s had on you

The summer course is a mish mash of everything. It’s like your workshop but more fun, more team building, with more great people, across two weeks. We did some fitness, some singing, some dancing, some practitioner work, a lot of games. It was the best two weeks of my life, and I would urge you to just be a good version of yourself on the day and be considerate of everyone you meet
Rhett1511
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The workshop is super fun, it’s starts with a warm up and a bit of exercise just to get you loose, you then play some games and sometimes discuss why they could be rehearsal techniques (wink murderer for example). You then build to devising some short pieces in different groups by doing some character and team building games. You might talk about your life experiences and use them to influence pieces. It can sometimes push you out of your comfort zone but be friendly and open and throw yourself into it.

In the interview all I got asked was what I do outside of school- don’t just talk about stage school if you go to one. She also asked me what I thought of the workshop that morning- mention the positives and what you will take away with you/ the effect it’s had on you

The summer course is a mish mash of everything. It’s like your workshop but more fun, more team building, with more great people, across two weeks. We did some fitness, some singing, some dancing, some practitioner work, a lot of games. It was the best two weeks of my life, and I would urge you to just be a good version of yourself on the day and be considerate of everyone you meet
Thanks for the explanation, it sounds relaxed on the day which is comforting.

I've heard at the end of the course you do a performance to a group of directors, it this true?
06chambersk
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for the explanation, it sounds relaxed on the day which is comforting.

I've heard at the end of the course you do a performance to a group of directors, it this true?
This is partially true- you devise a performance in your course (around 30 people) during the 2nd week of your course, but you perform to parents, other courses and course directors and assistants on the last day. The devising I did was completely left up to us as a group but was influenced by the games and techniques we had used over the time we were there
Rhett1511
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is partially true- you devise a performance in your course (around 30 people) during the 2nd week of your course, but you perform to parents, other courses and course directors and assistants on the last day. The devising I did was completely left up to us as a group but was influenced by the games and techniques we had used over the time we were there
that sounds super cool by was it difficult working with so many people?
06chambersk
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
that sounds super cool by was it difficult working with so many people?
I can only speak from experience of my course, but the other people were the best part for me. Everyone I met was so grateful to be there and extremely hard working, but also fun and kind. It’s physically a tough two weeks, but the other people were what made it all worthwhile. Almost a year on, I’m still best friends with people across the country because of NYT
Rhett1511
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can only speak from experience of my course, but the other people were the best part for me. Everyone I met was so grateful to be there and extremely hard working, but also fun and kind. It’s physically a tough two weeks, but the other people were what made it all worthwhile. Almost a year on, I’m still best friends with people across the country because of NYT
Damn that all sounds so good so I've gotta get in, thank you so much for your help😂
06chambersk
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Damn that all sounds so good so I've gotta get in, thank you so much for your help😂
No problem, best of luck!! Have fun and be yourself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?