Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I study law at uni but have had a nightmare year whereby I haven't taken my exams and missed loads of lectures for one reason or another (drink not a cause) - this happened last year too...bad luck or what?

I can't do anything about the past, what is done is done. I now need to learn practically a whole semester's worth of law to try and scrape through exams in august or else I will get booted out. I understand if they do it even if it hasn't all been my fault.

Does anyone think I can learn all that work in a month and scrape through the 40% I need to do so? Please help reassure me...I know it will be hard but I want to try.

ReputationRep:
    I think only you know whether or not youw ill be able to learn it all - and If you will put everyday and night into learnin it then maybe you have a chance if you are super intelligent and can't remember lots of thigs an are a fast learner however I do feel that being realisticall you might not manage it and yo should maybe retake the year?

ReputationRep:
    sadstudent:

If things in your life at the moment are so unstable that for two years in a row you haven't been able to devote the time and energy necessary to succeed in your course, I think it's really worth asking yourself: is law the right thing to be doing at the moment. The time commitments and stresses will only increase, and if the cause of your last two years of problems hasn't gone away, then there is a real danger that even if you do scrape through now, you're going to be in more trouble down the line. This is an opportunity for you to assess where you are, and to really evaluate whether what you want to be doing with your life.

Can you cram enough into your head in order to scrape out a pass? Maybe. Should you? That's a question only you can answer.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies so far, very grateful.

I know I won't be able to retake this year so it is a case of try or quit.

I appreciate what you are saying MelesMeles about the continuing issues - the truth is that there has been no single issue but a whole host of badly-times ones. I have done half of the total modules for the year and passed them with a 60% average.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.