Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

just a quick question.. will be starting my AS levels in september... I want to get a head a little bit.. The subjects i am taking are Biology, Business, and ICT.

I want to start making notes... Is it safe if i make my notes following the syllabus exactly, nothing more nothing less. Defining when asked to define, explain when asked to do so...

Do my notes need to have a background to the topic or can they just be A MERE EXPANSION OF THE SYLLABUS IN NOTES FORM?

This is my first post and i am sorry if my question is a little dumb

ReputationRep:
    No because the syllabus has changed and you most likely have the old one in front of you :p:

ReputationRep:
    No i have the new one in front of me.. is it safe to follow it exactly....

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess you could do... but I wouldn't, because I'm lazy.

ReputationRep:
    So i dont need to include any information the syllabus doesnt ask for?

ReputationRep:
    lol thats your choice mate, reading around the subject can help you understand/remember the key content more clearly. I'd only do it if you enjoy it though, and dont go to off track!

ReputationRep:
    You won't get a good grade just by learning the syllabus, but if you are familiar with it and understand the basic principles you should have a head start on the others in September.

ReputationRep:
    I thought all you need to know is what is in the sylabus.. nothing more nothing less. I thought if you know everything in the syllabus (therefore everything you can be tested on, you can get an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainjetha)
    I thought all you need to know is what is in the sylabus.. nothing more nothing less. I thought if you know everything in the syllabus (therefore everything you can be tested on, you can get an A.
    I disagree, yes you can know everything on the syllabus but that doesn't mean you will get an A. You said you are planning on doing Biology. You have to really understand whats going on if you want to do well in the 3/4 mark questions as you have to apply what you know to a question. Learning previous years mark schemes will help greatly for an A but with a new syllabus being bought in you might not have that advantage.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.