Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey, got two annoying things happening at the moment, wouldnt mind some help!

firstly, one of my ear piercings is infected or something, it's swollen, REALLY painful to put a ring in it, i got it done ages (1,5y+) ago but it never healed for some reason. now the lobe is red, feels like a scab on both sides.. what is this? how to clean it? haha

second, ive got a swollen lump on the right side of my face, under my ear and just under the jawbone, positioned directly down from the lobe of my ear but just under the end of the jawbone. started this morning, and im feeling pretty rotten, kinda headachey + tired, felt some nausea for a while also. i assumed that it's swollen glands and ive got a cold or flu or something, but since i was not a particularly hot biologist can someone tell me if thatsounds likely? or if its some malignant inoperable tumour (lol)

thats it, any help appreciated

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Get some antiseptic spray for the ear, dont be changing earrings for a while, it should heal fine quicikly.

ReputationRep:
    It's face rot - You will live but all facial features will disappear. You know how smooth neo's face was in the Matrix when the Agent removed his mouth? Your whole face will become one flat space :eek: seek medical attention immediately.

Only Kidding

Erm, probably what blackswan says -

--

Black Swans. Australian birds, common in Western areas. Like near Perth I believe -

Believe - A brilliant track by Disturbed

Disturbed - you may be

But you needn't

ReputationRep:
    The lump behind your ear is most likely a swollen gland. I have one, it's been like that for months so I got it checked out. Mine grows and shrinks and then gets painful and then fine but I checked with my doctor and he says most likely a swollen lymph-gland-thing, I can't quite recall. It should be fine though if it continues to grow, get it seen to.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the ear's just infected. Use some surgical spirit on it (with a cotton pad) twice a day or so, don't change earrings, and it should clear up.

The other thing probably is a swollen gland, yes. Maybe go to the GP to make sure it isn't strep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hec)
    hey, got two annoying things happening at the moment, wouldnt mind some help!

firstly, one of my ear piercings is infected or something, it's swollen, REALLY painful to put a ring in it, i got it done ages (1,5y+) ago but it never healed for some reason. now the lobe is red, feels like a scab on both sides.. what is this? how to clean it? haha

second, ive got a swollen lump on the right side of my face, under my ear and just under the jawbone, positioned directly down from the lobe of my ear but just under the end of the jawbone. started this morning, and im feeling pretty rotten, kinda headachey + tired, felt some nausea for a while also. i assumed that it's swollen glands and ive got a cold or flu or something, but since i was not a particularly hot biologist can someone tell me if thatsounds likely? or if its some malignant inoperable tumour (lol)

thats it, any help appreciated

:woo:
    My sister has the same thing wrong with her at the minute, I'd get it checked as the doctor has put her on antibiotics and told her it's suspected glandular fever and something to do with lymph nodes.

About the ear piercing, get some cleaning lotion from Claires. Also if you're wearing cheap earrings, replace them with silver ones. They are slightly more expensive but won't hurt your ears as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deepsix)
    Sounds like the ear's just infected. Use some surgical spirit on it (with a cotton pad) twice a day or so, don't change earrings, and it should clear up.

The other thing probably is a swollen gland, yes. Maybe go to the GP to make sure it isn't strep.
    I doubt it's strep. As for the sore on your ear, if its scabing, you might want to use a topical anti-biotic (Fusidic acid)...but do go to the GP and have em check the lump.

just to be safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poo-poo)
    My sister has the same thing wrong with her at the minute, I'd get it checked as the doctor has put her on antibiotics and told her it's suspected glandular fever and something to do with lymph nodes.

About the ear piercing, get some cleaning lotion from Claires. Also if you're wearing cheap earrings, replace them with silver ones. They are slightly more expensive but won't hurt your ears as much.
    Antibiotics for glandular fever? :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.