The Student Room Group

Military doctor reviewing appeal

Hello, I have been told that my appeal is being sent to a military doctor for review. What does this mean? The senior medical officer at selection centre has already looked at this but I’m guessing they can’t make a decision. Would I likely be rejected again or what are odds of it being upheld?
Reply 1
Your appeal will go in front of the medical review board, but if you read the sticky at the top of this forum you will see that no-one on here or at the AFCO can say what might happen.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Your appeal will go in front of the medical review board, but if you read the sticky at the top of this forum you will see that no-one on here or at the AFCO can say what might happen.

Of course however after reading all the posts related to appeals I just wanted to know if anyone else had been in similar situation. I wouldn’t have posted a question if I hadn’t read through the past posts which I see same advise reposted ‘military personnel have to be fit and medically deployable in all conditions’ and ‘if you don’t agree with an appeal decision with a condition you have suffered from or current do then you can’t appeal it’. Your advise has just repeated knowledge I know and have been in this process for a while.
Reply 3
Original post by S7015642F
Of course however after reading all the posts related to appeals I just wanted to know if anyone else had been in similar situation. I wouldn’t have posted a question if I hadn’t read through the past posts which I see same advise reposted ‘military personnel have to be fit and medically deployable in all conditions’ and ‘if you don’t agree with an appeal decision with a condition you have suffered from or current do then you can’t appeal it’. Your advise has just repeated knowledge I know and have been in this process for a while.

A lot of people will have been in the same situation as far as having their appeal go before a medical review board and some will have been successful, some won't; that's as far as any reply can go. I am not to know what your understanding of the process is and, going by the fact you asked on here if you would be successful or not, it did not appear you had read anything previously posted.

You didn't ask if anyone had been in a similar situation and I answered the questions you did ask; your case will go before a board and no-one on here can say whether you will be rejected or not. How can anyone do an online assessment and put odds on your chances with no sight of your medical records? Adam the resident RAF recruiter will say the same. I'm an ex-RAF Recruiter.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by S7015642F
Hello, I have been told that my appeal is being sent to a military doctor for review. What does this mean? The senior medical officer at selection centre has already looked at this but I’m guessing they can’t make a decision. Would I likely be rejected again or what are odds of it being upheld?

Hi

It means exactly what it says, your appeal is being put to a senior medical officer for review to see whether the evidence you have given means you're able to continue your application.

There is no way anyone can give you odds on whether you'll be successful or not. We don't know details and we're not medically qualified to give an answer. At best I'd say 50/50, without knowing anything as you'll either be successful, or you won't, there's no in-between.

You need to be patient and see what the outcome is. The medical process is in place for a reason, to make sure you're medically fit enough for the armed forces and the role you've applied for, there's no way around it.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest