Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    because just as the head is often the most sensitive part of the male reproductive organs, the clitoris is the most sensitive part of the female reproductive organs. Many women can only orgasm through clitoral stimulation.
    Im serious if i were a woman id be experimenting everyday before my vajaijai becomes like a wizards sleeve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebestusernameever)
    Well try a vaginal orgasm or boob orgasm or that other vaginal orgasm next time.

Plus the glans are way bigger and leave much more scarring/blood plus we wouldnt be able to get any orgasms at all.

Basically all im saying is if male circumcision is allowed to happen without the consent of the child, and for no medical reason whatsoever then people should at least be allowed to do something to women. ITS JUST NOT FAIR.

What do you not understand. How many times? Female circumcision is no where near the same as male circumcision[in terms of pain caused -males don't experience any pain from it that lasts a lifetime that femals have to suffer for the rests of their lives!

-female circumcision that takes places in some countries and to women is more like genital mutilation!

ReputationRep:
    Well try a vaginal orgasm or boob orgasm or that other vaginal orgasm next time.

Plus the glans are way bigger and leave much more scarring/blood plus we wouldnt be able to get any orgasms at all.

Basically all im saying is if male circumcision is allowed to happen without the consent of the child, and for no medical reason whatsoever then people should at least be allowed to do something to women. ITS JUST NOT FAIR.
    I'm sorry? :laughing:

ReputationRep:
    My god, it's like trying to teach a brick-wall to be Michelangelo's 'David'.

As would be true among a sizeable proportion of women without the aid of the clitoris.

Nor would cutting off the clitoris in its entirety be, and for the reasons already cited.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=thebestusernameever]
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    because just as the head is often the most sensitive part of the male reproductive organs, the clitoris is the most sensitive part of the female reproductive organs. Many women can only orgasm through clitoral stimulation.[/QUOTE]
    Im serious if i were a woman id be experimenting everyday before my vajaijai becomes like a wizards sleeve.
    Do you have any idea how many women HAVE experimented for years trying to have vaginal-stimulated orgasms with no result???
    Plus the fact that after being circumcised, to have a vaginal orgasm would be very painful as has been mentioned, stitches and things would probably have to be cut.

Is there some integral reason you hate women so much?

On a side note, I don't think circumcising someone without their permission is right either, the discussion being now (it appears) which is worse.

ReputationRep:
    phew!!..the discussion above was..
    anyway..let me jus give an example..am a Muslim and in my religion circumcision for males is compulsory...i really dont know why but as far as i have heard its for medical reasons and some impurity(which i dont know about)....male circumcision is only painful for about a day or two..which gets totally fine..but as far as female circumcision is concerned..God..that is really wrong..when a females clitoris is removed she is left with nothing!..(as mentioned in the earlier posts)..she cant feel pleasure and its a pain of a life time..
    In some parts of Africa in the tribal areas female circumcision or genital mutiliation is practised..which i feel is really cruel!

ReputationRep:
    Only painful for a day or two?

You may wish to check your facts on that one.

ReputationRep:
    well...it actually depends on the time when you get it done..
    i should have been specific..for grown ups..it may take a bit longer
    but like in our religion the circumcision takes places a week after the babys birth or so..and it heals in a day or two

ReputationRep:
    Where FGM is prevalent, the circumcision happens while the girls are young to prevent masturbation. And keep in mind, the majority of women tend to only experience orgasm through clitoral stimulation. Like someone already mentioned, it is the equivalent of cutting of a mans bell-end.

FGM has been banned in a lot of countries that used to practice it but it has only pushed the movement underground and done by unexperienced practitioners which leads to a lot of complications, and sometimes death. It's a very difficult thing to get rid of as circumcised females tend to be well respected and have better marital prospects, also men who marry uncircumcised females tend to be looked down upon.

I think non-consensual circumcision is completely wrong, I can understand why MGM hasn't been banned in the UK, it would lead to mass religious hysteria which I'm sure the Government would rather avoid :rolleyes: I really think they need to have a minimum age for MGM though, or let the person decide for them self when they are old enough.

Also there are girls/women who are being sent to their native countries to have FGM done, this type of thing is quite difficult to prevent though. Humanities callousness really does sadden me

ReputationRep:
    Both forms are un-consensual and thus equally wrong. Regardless of 'medical' or religious reasoning, nothing gives you the right to remove a part of someone elses' body. If I could i'd be neg repping every single female in this thread who speaks against female mutilation but then says that the male form is perfectly acceptable. Disguesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ohh.*puke*...i had to read this thread....*shrugs*
    why do girls have to get circumcised...i mean..its just cruel....i mean i can understand males getting it done..because it is religious in a few religions
    Moron of the thread award goes to you. Its ok because its religious.. well guess what, female circumcision is also religious in some areas. Making something religious never automatically makes it ok.

ReputationRep:
    I was circumcised at an age before I had any say in the matter but I am not complaining. I am an ordinary heterosexual white anglo saxon protestant male and it was not done for any religious reason. It looks good, feels good and is good. I like it, the girls like it, and in fact I am rather proud of it.

ReputationRep:
    ^ me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by openbookuk)
    I am an ordinary heterosexual white anglo saxon protestant male
    As opposed to an abnormal bisexual nicely tanned hispanic buddhist girl?

Not sure what you're getting at here.

ReputationRep:
    urgh, just reading about female circumcision in here is making my toes curl :s: :puke:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha what a hilarious viewpoint.

I don't agree with male circumcision, but the female equivalent is far, far worse. Just because it shares a name, doesn't mean it's the same thing.

Actually if the glans was removed, you could still have an orgasm by stimulating your prostate. So if female circumcision is allowed to happen without the consent of the child, and for no medical reason whatsoever then we should at least have our bell-ends chopped off and be forced to masturbate anally. ITS JUST NOT FAIR.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I should just state now-

I dont think male circumcision is acceptable either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by openbookuk)
    I was circumcised at an age before I had any say in the matter but I am not complaining. I am an ordinary heterosexual white anglo saxon protestant male and it was not done for any religious reason. It looks good, feels good and is good. I like it, the girls like it, and in fact I am rather proud of it.
    Preach brother! :yep:

Also, Wasn't it proved just about like 6 months ago that getting the chop doesnt affect sexual pleasure.

ReputationRep:
    I must have missed the memo about the scientific method being sufficient to proof a property of the general case.

ReputationRep:
    I think we can safely say that 'genital mutilation without consent' is bad, rather than getting tangled up in anatomy and sexism.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.