Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobMob)
    Hahaha what a hilarious viewpoint.

I don't agree with male circumcision, but the female equivalent is far, far worse. Just because it shares a name, doesn't mean it's the same thing.

Actually if the glans was removed, you could still have an orgasm by stimulating your prostate. So if female circumcision is allowed to happen without the consent of the child, and for no medical reason whatsoever then we should at least have our bell-ends chopped off and be forced to masturbate anally. ITS JUST NOT FAIR.
    It looks like you do learn a new thing everyday then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYE)
    Preach brother! :yep:

Also, Wasn't it proved just about like 6 months ago that getting the chop doesnt affect sexual pleasure.

I can't answer that one but I get enough sexual pleasure to keep me happy!

And it never stopped me from masturbating.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else see that clip on tv the other day?
    i just cuaght a little bit i dont know if it is part of a programme or an advert for a program or what
    but it showed a little girl surrounded by people and they had translators and the girl was screaming and crying "no, dont cut me again, he's cutting me again!" and then said it was genital mutilation...

i just thought id throw that out there lol...

personally unless for medical reasons i dont see the point in circumcision..
    x

ReputationRep:
    I was circumcized when I was 11 or 12, and I don't even remember why...as far as I know I'm not Jewish...I think I might have had to much foreskin if that's even a real issue..

ReputationRep:
    Circumcision should only ever be used for medical reasons. In some countries where it is carried out, it is sometimes carried out by people who are not qualified doctors. This will lead to multilation/death and other horrible medical issues.

It effects men and women, men may find it harder to climax/too sensitive so it affects their emotional/mental state i.e too much too soon/not good enough etc. Women can be sacred so badly if muliltatled

I was circumcised as a kid for medical reasons. I still get loads of pleasure out of sex/masturbating, plus it means it's straightforward for keeping clean and girls i've spoken to seem to prefer the look. No problems with it being "harder" to climax/sensitive. On that basis, anyone saying male circumcision can somehow be equated to female circumcision is pretty ignorant. In fact, I remember reading a year or two back that circumcision was actually in the top five for male cosmetic surgery!

ReputationRep:
    Not to discount your personal experience, Anonymous, but if you were done as a kid, you most likely won't have done an awful lot of research on which to base the assertion that it was more difficult to climax afterwards.

Also, unless your foreskin's phimotic, cleaning is a completely moot point - it'll be suitable aired every time you get an erection.

And I contest the idea that your post has anything to do with the assertion that they're equivalent in terms of metaphysical violation, never mind coming anywhere near to refuting it. Pitting two non-commensurable points against each other is pretty ignorant in the broader epistemological arena.

(Original post by -Em-)
    Not to discount your personal experience, Anonymous, but if you were done as a kid, you most likely won't have done an awful lot of research on which to base the assertion that it was more difficult to climax afterwards.

Also, unless your foreskin's phimotic, cleaning is a completely moot point - it'll be suitable aired every time you get an erection.

And I contest the idea that your post has anything to do with the assertion that they're equivalent in terms of metaphysical violation, never mind coming anywhere near to refuting it. Pitting two non-commensurable points against each other is pretty ignorant in the broader epistemological arena.
    (Original post by -Em-)

Er, you're quite right about me not knowing whether it was harder to climax as a kid -sapphire raised the issue of it being harder to climax as a result of circumcision. I'm saying I don't find it hard to climax.

And it is more straightforward - I don't have to bother rolling anything back in the shower. Of course, that's hardly effort but it still means I don't have to bother doing that - it's suitably aired whenever it's out.

You suggest I argued that they cannot be equated in terms of violation. On the contrary, if this action was to be performed on a man and a woman without their consent then I believe both have been equally violated. What I reject is that, in general, the physical effects of male circumcision are as bad or worse than that for the female. But then again, that can be dependent on how the procedure is carried out.

circumcisions are not just for religious or hygiene reasons, some people need to have them for medical conditions where the foreskin is too tight, they have a problem with the frenum being too short and causing problems with the foreskin. in these situations i think a circumcision is the only way forward, otherwise the people suffering from these problems might be in pain for the rest of their life and have no self confidence and be able to have children because they can't have sex due to the pain etc

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone watch tribal wives yesterday?
    They had female circumcision. I was like.... what part do they get cut off.. I thought maybe their hymen
    No no... their CLIT. There would be no purpose to life.

Circumcised guys are fine. It's cleaner apparently. I don't envy those people who who have to get circumcised later on in life though, apparently they cant walk for ages haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    Did anyone watch tribal wives yesterday?
    They had female circumcision. I was like.... what part do they get cut off.. I thought maybe their hymen
    No no... their CLIT. There would be no purpose to life.
    As I keep reiterating, the patriarchal societies in which such practices are most common don't provide much opportunity for clitoral stimulation whether it's there or not.

Circumcised guys are fine. It's cleaner apparently. I don't envy those people who who have to get circumcised later on in life though, apparently they cant walk for ages haha!
    Given the venom with which people are talking, "apparently" won't really cut it either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebestusernameever)
    Well try a vaginal orgasm or boob orgasm or that other vaginal orgasm next time.

Plus the glans are way bigger and leave much more scarring/blood plus we wouldnt be able to get any orgasms at all.

Basically all im saying is if male circumcision is allowed to happen without the consent of the child, and for no medical reason whatsoever then people should at least be allowed to do something to women. ITS JUST NOT FAIR.
    As mentioned by someone else you are the most pathetic ignorant idiot I have ever ever seen on here.

ReputationRep:
    What is a boob orgasm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestusernameever)
    Plus the glans are way bigger and leave much more scarring/blood plus we wouldnt be able to get any orgasms at all.
    And the clitoris has twice as many nerve endings. So... surely more painful and more of a loss?

It's horrible. I've yet to hear the vast majority of circumcised women say they're fine with it, compared to the majority of circumcised men.

Not to say I think that male is ok - I don't know enough about it to make a judgement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkened Angel)
    What is a boob orgasm?
    Apparently you can get one, nipples are pretty sensitive. However, I'm yet to hear of anyone who has, and they're hardly something every woman can have easily.

Apparently they become more sensitive if you've lost your clit, but so does everything else, like your face. *shrugs* Good ol' New Scientist...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmarainbow)
    Apparently you can get one, nipples are pretty sensitive. However, I'm yet to hear of anyone who has, and they're hardly something every woman can have easily.

Apparently they become more sensitive if you've lost your clit, but so does everything else, like your face. *shrugs* Good ol' New Scientist...
    I'd bet they're pretty rare, my nipples have never given me any pleasure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkened Angel)
    I'd bet they're pretty rare, my nipples have never given me any pleasure
    Oh dear! Well, perhaps they will bring pleasure to someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by openbookuk)
    Oh dear! Well, perhaps they will bring pleasure to someone else.
    Oh they do

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.