CrustyDanger
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I wonder if you were to send your personal statement to a seller on sites like fiverr,etc if this would in some way pose a danger to the whole plagiarism thing UCAS is on about. I figure it wouldn't but you never know.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes. Do NOT do it!

They can either submit your PS as their own or sell it to someone else.

You can submit your PS here on TSR to have it proofread. But only in a specific area, do NOT just post it in a thread.
Last edited by CTLeafez; 10 months ago
CrustyDanger
Rep:
?
(Original post by CTLeafez)
Yes. Do NOT do it!

They can either submit your PS as their own or sell it to someone else.

You can submit your PS here on TSR to have it proofread. But only in a specific area, do NOT just post it in a thread.
But those are the only ways that it could turn out bad right. I'd want it to get proofread by a top rated seller with over 4.5k reviews from Canada. I'm sure they aren't up to anything bad right? I was more worried for it to get automatically detected or something since you'd be uploading it somewhere in a sense. Thanks for the advise tho appreciate it.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I don't know how risky personal statement plagiarism is.
But the standards of proofreading and copy-editing on fiverr don't appear to be worth $5.
The site is good for other things but not proofreading.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by CrustyDanger)
But those are the only ways that it could turn out bad right. I'd want it to get proofread by a top rated seller with over 4.5k reviews from Canada. I'm sure they aren't up to anything bad right? I was more worried for it to get automatically detected or something since you'd be uploading it somewhere in a sense. Thanks for the advise tho appreciate it.
Seriously, I wouldn’t do it... You’re quite possibly risky your entire University application on trusting a complete stranger.

Once again, TSR does a PS Service for users, with priority for users with 100+ posts.
CrustyDanger
Rep:
?
Alright thanks a lot guess the potential benefit really isn't worth the risk then.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by CrustyDanger)
Alright thanks a lot guess the potential benefit really isn't worth the risk then.
There’s not likely to be any benefit. A proofreader from Canada isn’t likely to know what admissions staff in uk universities are looking for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20.01%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise