MiracleLeaf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I’m considering a year abroad in Austria, Switzerland or somewhere like that, and was wondering if anyone knew anything about what uni life is like over there?

I’m also wondering about how the days are structured, and also the exams! I’ve heard you have to do a lot of presentations over there?

Thanks!
beanie125
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did a semester in Italy, not sure how similar it is to Austria & Switzerland but different from uni here. They do more of their exams as oral presentations / speaking exams, so the examiner just asks you questions and you speak back to them.
For me in Italy, classes were 2 hours long and I had 3 classes per module per week. SO it was a lot of hours but then you didn't do anything extra after classes.
MiracleLeaf
Rep:
?
(Original post by beanie125)
I did a semester in Italy, not sure how similar it is to Austria & Switzerland but different from uni here. They do more of their exams as oral presentations / speaking exams, so the examiner just asks you questions and you speak back to them.
For me in Italy, classes were 2 hours long and I had 3 classes per module per week. SO it was a lot of hours but then you didn't do anything extra after classes.
Ah thanks so much!
Those exams sound really interesting haha, so was it just you and an examiner in a room answering questions? Were the classes lectures or seminar style?
Also what subject did you do? I’ll be doing biosciences
MiracleLeaf
Rep:
?
Bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (214)
52.97%
No (190)
47.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise