Do you prefer revising really early in the morning or really late at night?

Watch
tylacockayne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Out of the two only, do you prefer revising really early in the morning or really late at night?

DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tylacockayne)
Out of the two only, do you prefer revising really early in the morning or really late at night?
Early. I'm less than useless after 6pm.
tylacockayne
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Ha haImage
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Same here

I prefer to wake up at around 5 am to study, it seems to help!
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Late at night. I often stay up until 1-2 am when studying. Mornings are for sleeping!
tylacockayne
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazelly)
Same here

I prefer to wake up at around 5 am to study, it seems to help!
That's a good routine to get into.
swrhaa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Revising late at the night makes me unfocussed whereas revising really early helps me absorb more information
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's a good routine to get into.
It is, the only issues are when you go to bed late and you only have a few hours sleep!

Have you thought about creating a study routine? They can be effective if it works for you
tylacockayne
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazelly)
It is, the only issues are when you go to bed late and you only have a few hours sleep!

Have you thought about creating a study routine? They can be effective if it works for you
That's actually my new year's resolution of 2020. I created a 24-hour timetable and I'm trying my best to stick to it.
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When I was at uni, I would revise early in the morning when I felt at my freshest.
Late at night was no good for me, I was like a zombie by then lol.
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's actually my new year's resolution of 2020. I created a 24-hour timetable and I'm trying my best to stick to it.
Good luck. Have you thought about making a gyg? they can sometimes help.
username4952620
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
At night cause it’s peaceful
Redfrost
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Late at night definitely, I cant study, think, exercise nor do much in the mornings as Ive only just woke up from sleeping. How the **** do people manage to study in the early morning, Ive never understood it, nor have i understood how people can exercise at 9am. Ive always wanted to do the parkrun which starts at 9am but I just dont enjoy anything, other than sleep and relaxing, in the morning.

In the evening you have been awake all day and so must be more than alert, this is the case for me. I exercise much better between 7 - 9 pm, my favourite time to study is from 11 pm to 2 am when everything is quiet, I can think deeply and out of the box about things as i feel more energetic and seperated from the world, the time is my own as I know that I can relax and sleep in the hours following. When Ive done all my assignments during the night.

When im not working full time I drift very quickly into a nocturnal sleeping pattern where I go to bed at 4-5am and sleep until 12/1pm in the afternoon, i dont know why its just always been the case. I worry about retirement as i’l end up nocturnal.
Im not young either my uni days are way behind me and i work full time.
BNBbnb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
would you like to share it?
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I wake up extra early I just wake up tired and do worse at everything involved in being a human.
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i don't get up ridiculously early to revise but if i had to pick between the two, definitely early. i'm usually doing work till 9pm on a schoolday and my attention tends to ebb away after that.
Justmac
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My preference is late at night, partly because of how my body clocks work and I'm less likely to get distracted at that time, but part of that is because i'm part of a big family and ive got in the habit of doing work late at night when it is much quieter.
alexcliffordd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Really early. Really early.
Neurocandid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly I prefer not to revise at all aha
swrhaa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Scientific research actually says, revising before you sleep helps you absorb more info
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (4)
33.33%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (1)
8.33%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (6)
50%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (1)
8.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed