How many hours do you study per day as a law student?

Watch
wernzle
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey all!

I know this is a very subjective question but it works as a motivation for me (kinda, anything to motivate oneself right? xD) so how many hours do you study a day as a law student?

Thanks!
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I try to treat it as a full time job and aim for 8 hours a day, with one rest day a week.
That gives me 48 hours a week of study, which is enough to finish seminar reading and condense notes for revision/do a bit of wider reading.

Some weeks I have more on though, so I'd do a couple more hours study in some days just so I can accommodate for other plans. The whole stereotype about sleep deprived law students staying up all night to finish work is bs, if you're decent at managing your time.
N. Auditoré
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wernzle)
Hey all!

I know this is a very subjective question but it works as a motivation for me (kinda, anything to motivate oneself right? xD) so how many hours do you study a day as a law student?

Thanks!
Universities recommend 40 including lectures and seminars but from what I’ve gathered in 2nd year ppl in more challenging schools peak at around 60
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Supposed to be something like 15 hours per subject per week (inc lectures etc). Scary!
In practice I do 8 or so per subject as I am doing degree over 2 years rather than 3 so more subjects per term.
Then add on extra time for essays due on top of that!
Are you getting all the essential and most of the suggested reading done each week? As it also depends how quickly you read as well.
shblk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do about 7/8 hours of studying 5 days a week. I slack a LOT on weekends lol but you're right, it is definitely subjective. I have friends who do 9/10 hours a day and barely take a day off! I tend to do a lot more studying when its exam season though, that's when the all-nighters kick in
username5124790
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I study 7/8 hours in the week, and about 4/5 hours on the weekend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.78%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
44.94%
Not bothered either way (38)
12.03%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed