The Student Room Group

How and when should I resit GCSE Maths (currently in Year 12, got a 5 and want a 7)

So basically I want to resiy maths but for as cheap as possible and dont want to be studying it with GCSE students as I dont want to be studying with those a year below since I'm doing A Levels and dont want to be embarrased. Whats the cheapest way I can resit GCSE Maths Higher as I need a 7 and preferably not in a class or with people in my academic year (Year 12). Thanks and please let me know so I can redo it.
If your in year 12 u can resit at either a school or an externally in an exams centre which u can research to find if there’s any in your area. But there not exactly going to be cheap, if I’m honest. Schools that u previously attended tend to reduce the offer, it always depends on how many papers you’d be doing-for maths GCSE it would be 3 it would definitely be over £120 not too sure on pricing but try research exam centre in your area and give them a call if u do want to do it with younger years:smile:
About when try do it do ASAP, as January and early February is when they start to register students for exams.
your school may let you resit using them as the exam centre and allow you to self study? worth asking :dontknow:
are you applying to unis/courses that require a 7 in maths?? if your school don't let you you're just going to have research exam centres in your area. if the cheapest option is w your school but you have to study w gcse students i'd just suck it up; i doubt people'd care.
Reply 4
The cheapest option and simplest would be to pay to take the exam at your current sixth form - ask them to see if they'd let you. It could cost anything from £40. The entry deadline for Summer 2020 is early February and for November 2020 is the end of September. If they won't let you then find a centre that accepts external candidates and pay them - it's then more likely to be £100+

Quick Reply

Latest