Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apparently metabolism slows down 10% each decade but your body shouldn't drastically change until you hit the menopause when you're a woman as the levels of hormones being produced change etc...

I know girls who were like size 8 and were reaally tall and once they got to 17/18 they filled out and are now size 12s... but it doesn't happen to everybody obviously. Natural size 6 peeps do exist as you see size 6ish girls who would look too big for their shape if they were a bigger size!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconite)
    This always happens. Everyone whips themselves up into a frenzy, lots of guys placatingly say "I like size 12 I like stuff wot I can hold onto", and then some slim girl posts a thread worrying about it.

The best thing would be for everyone to chill out, man, and go find videos of James on Youtube.
    James Spader in Pretty in Pink

Although Andrew McCarthy kicks his arse in it :p:

Off to watch it now

ReputationRep:
    size 8-12 please!.... size 0 look ill!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redluc)
    I find women who eat regular meals and occasionally exercise to be sexy. I'm sure most men feel the same way.. end of thread.

best post in this thread +rep to you

ReputationRep:
    Size 0-2 women are definitely the hottest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
    A masterclass in how to fail at constructive debate:

1. Ignore opinions that differ from your own.
    2. ???
    3. Profit!
    Kudos for the South Park underpant gnomes reference

And OP come to my nan's house and she'll fatten you up good. Then tell you that you're looking "healthy" when you put on weight :rolleyes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by kitcat)
    I wanted to start my own thread.. i have the right to do that i think.
    I don't WANT you to say anything specific, i just wanted peoples opinions. Which it's fair to say i've got quite varied opinions. I didn't ask for insults though.
    I refuse to believe I insulted you.

(Original post by thanette)
    Not a crap thread at all...in my opinion,and I don't think the OP should be made to feel that posting her worries is crap whether it be size 6 or 600 anxiety, massive hooter or whatever.
    Yeah, but she can't claim it's unfair that guys don't find her attractive because she doesn't try to be thin. Some people don't try to be ugly, but they still are - they don't claim "people should like me because I didn't want to be ugly", that's just ridiculous.

Anyway, bored of this thread already.

ReputationRep:
    The grass is always greener on the other side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Yeah, but she can't claim it's unfair that guys don't find her attractive because she doesn't try to be thin. Some people don't try to be ugly, but they still are - they don't claim "people should like me because I didn't want to be ugly", that's just ridiculous.

Anyway, bored of this thread already.
    I thought she was trying to say that she finds the situation of 83455 threads about how size 12 is better than 6 a bit unfair.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by *Lou*)
    I thought she was trying to say that she finds the situation of 83455 threads about how size 12 is better than 6 a bit unfair.
    But size 12 is better than size 6. Just like attractive is better than ugly, no matter how much the ugly person wishes they weren't ugly. Attraction doesn't work in that morally valid kind of way.

ReputationRep:
    The best thing would be for everyone to chill out, man, and go find videos of James on Youtube.
    But she only comes when she's on top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redemption)
    But she only comes when she's on top.
    Teehee! I was actually talking about James Spader, as in my lovely avatar, but that'll do just as well. Are you chilled out? Are you panicking about size 6 and size 12 girls?

If anyone else wants to, ya know, chill out and forget this whole sorry business, this is a nice video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQe7MbPUIZY

This one is called "Why James Spader Is Hot", so it's probably worth a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNM0e...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    But size 12 is better than size 6. Just like attractive is better than ugly, no matter how much the ugly person wishes they weren't ugly. Attraction doesn't work in that morally valid kind of way.
    No it isn't better. What kind of crap are you pushing?

I don't fancy fat people, neither do many men and women. That doesn't mean I want to force every size twelve person to suddenly become a size six, but I just find smaller girls more attractive.

Are you chilled out? Are you panicking about size 6 and size 12 girls?
    Nope. I already have enough trouble with girls of other sizes, without any more!

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I'm size 6-8 and I just don't really think about it, I tend to try to attract guys with my intellect and don't really think about whether they like my size or not. I don't see why it's such a huge issue, different people like different weights.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I already have enough trouble with girls of other sizes, without any more!
    You're in California, anyway. Everyone's lithe, tanned and volleyball-playin' there. Nobody needs to worry about a thing. (Berkeley: :love:, by the way.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitcat)
    I find this unfair because some people are size 6 without wanting to be! I'm size 6/8 and i don't try and be! I eat LOADS but it's just the way i am. And i'm not small either i'm 5"7. I wouldn't say i'm bony either.
    I mean the "pressure" on size 12 women to be smaller..can it not be the other way round? That size 6 girls are pressured to be bigger? Because that's what i feel now after most the guys saying they like size 12 women!!
    Your very good looking I wouldnt worry about it

ReputationRep:
    What, in all honestly, is the point of this thread?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    No it isn't better. What kind of crap are you pushing?

I don't fancy fat people, neither do many men and women. That doesn't mean I want to force every size twelve person to suddenly become a size six, but I just find smaller girls more attractive.
    It's better in general - as proven by several threads. If that wasn't the majority opinion, this thread wouldn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    Thats only cos of size inflation though.
    I take a size 4 top in hennes, and yes it is natural

EDIT: And look at people like Audrey Hepburn (the real person, not the person with the TSR name) she must have been a size 0
    :hubba:

Her measurements were 34A-20-34, not sure what size that would make her.

This was not 'natural' though, she was starved by the Nazis during WW2 and suffered from malnutrition because of it.

God I'm obsessed...

ReputationRep:
    You're in California, anyway. Everyone's lithe, tanned and volleyball-playin' there. Nobody needs to worry about a thing. (Berkeley: :love:, by the way.)
    A small fib. I will be there in a week .

Lets hope being terribly British helps.

It's better in general - as proven by several threads. If that wasn't the majority opinion, this thread wouldn't exist.
    I'm sorry, what? You can prove when someone has a right or wrong opinion by polling a few insecure teenagers? Does that make G.W. Bush officially the implement of satan, as polled by god-knows how many on this forum?

I don't know whether to take you seriously or not.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.