Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    But size 12 is better than size 6. Just like attractive is better than ugly, no matter how much the ugly person wishes they weren't ugly. Attraction doesn't work in that morally valid kind of way.
    Sorry but thats like saying that blondes are hotter then brunettes.

About the attractive vs. ugly ...something that you find ugly someone else will find attractive and vice versa.
    But creating hundreds of threads that actually put people down is a bit unfair and annoying. Plus if size 12 is all that good and generally accepted to be better than every other size, I don't see why it needs so much confirmation.

*(assuming that both people are healthy)

ReputationRep:
    Im a size 10-12, I like it, Im going to work it girl and so should you, whatever size you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClivePounds)
    You'll have to face the cold hard facts: psychologically a slender woman is more sexually appealing than a big woman. You might not like it but that's just how it is, how it was, and how it will always be
    No, it is not 'how it was.'

(Original post by Audrey Hepburn)
    :hubba:

Her measurements were 34A-20-34, not sure what size that would make her.

This was not 'natural' though, she was starved by the Nazis during WW2 and suffered from malnutrition because of it.

God I'm obsessed...
    hehe I like you're passion :five:

What is your wardrobe like?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Redemption)
    I'm sorry, what? You can prove when someone has a right or wrong opinion by polling a few insecure teenagers? Does that make G.W. Bush officially the implement of satan, as polled by god-knows how many on this forum?

I don't know whether to take you seriously or not.
    Right or wrong opinion? So I missed the words "in general" out of my previous post, so what? I assumed I was in intelligent company who could work out that if I said "size 12 is better than size 6", I meant "...in the majority opinion". This has been done to death in lots of threads on TSR, and the majority opinion is always as I said. I'm not saying whether you're right or wrong. Get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    But size 12 is better than size 6. Just like attractive is better than ugly, no matter how much the ugly person wishes they weren't ugly.
    That is one of the worst points I have seem on this forum. And people make many ridiculous points on this forum

ReputationRep:
    Right or wrong opinion? So I missed the words "in general" out of my previous post, so what? I assumed I was in intelligent company who could work out that if I said "size 12 is better than size 6", I meant "...in the majority opinion". This has been done to death in lots of threads on TSR, and the majority opinion is always as I said. I'm not saying whether you're right or wrong. Get a grip.
    :rolleyes: um no. You highlighted "is"

And you obviously do not know anything about different body shapes and sizes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitcat)
    I find this unfair because some people are size 6 without wanting to be! I'm size 6/8 and i don't try and be! I eat LOADS but it's just the way i am. And i'm not small either i'm 5"7. I wouldn't say i'm bony either.
    I mean the "pressure" on size 12 women to be smaller..can it not be the other way round? That size 6 girls are pressured to be bigger? Because that's what i feel now after most the guys saying they like size 12 women!!
    I can completely relate, and I agree; it can be somewhat exasperating, the pressure to get 'bigger'. I've sort of conditioned myself to ignore it, just do what I do, stay healthy and bugger everyone else. My weight has never set me back personally, whether in relationships or life in general, and I'm sure yours hasn't either. Who cares what guys think they like?

This video pretty much sums up my sentiments on the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh2oseTibx4

ReputationRep:
    Although this thread does seem slightly attention seeking i agree with the OP to some extent. I'm not saying it's harder to be a size 6 than someone larger but when the media constantly emphasise how it is better to be curvy than thin (the other day i saw a magazine with an article in it with the headline "fact; men prefer women with curves than size 6 skinnys!" or something like that) it isn't particularly nice. People believe it is alright to deem slim people as "ugly" or "not attractive for men" yet very few magazines would publish the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    But size 12 is better than size 6. Just like attractive is better than ugly, no matter how much the ugly person wishes they weren't ugly. Attraction doesn't work in that morally valid kind of way.
    Wow, you're quite the sensitive charmer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    hehe I like you're passion :five:

What is your wardrobe like?
    I'm actually going through a massive 50s phase dresswise - these sort of necklines:

(though I obviously don't wear wedding dresses to go out in!)

I'm also liking the skinny jeans/heels/t-shirt combo for going out in :yep:

Most of my stuff is from River Island atm - I'm seriously going through an obsession with them!

ReputationRep:
    :hubba:

Her measurements were 34A-20-34, not sure what size that would make her.

This was not 'natural' though, she was starved by the Nazis during WW2 and suffered from malnutrition because of it.

God I'm obsessed...
    i know but even when she could eat mroe she still didnt get any fatter, she was healthy and wasnt starving herself,
    although if she was a 34A it does suggest she should ahve been a bigger size

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i know but even when she could eat mroe she still didnt get any fatter, she was healthy and wasnt starving herself,
    although if she was a 34A it does suggest she should ahve been a bigger size
    Actually there's quite a bit of debate around that area. Some people have claimed that she was bulimic (though this is unlikely in my opinion), but she certainly worked to maintain her low weight. When she was on the boat to America to begin Gigi she gained ten pounds because she ate so much and after this vowed to always keep her weight below 120 pounds (which she succeeded in).

Honest to God I could write a biography on the woman

ReputationRep:
    I take comfort in knowing marilyn monroe was a size 16. But thats just for my confidence, and I say I'm generally a confident person. It doesn't matter what size you are, if you're confident and accepting of your body you become much more attractive to yourself and others.

ReputationRep:
    Omg la-la-la I do not care. I love my size8/5'2 figure and I couldn't give a **** about what guys think and I don't feel pressured to change it to suit what a man wants - men want different things aswell, and oh yeah there's that other tiny matter of personality.

ReputationRep:
    Actually there's quite a bit of debate around that area. Some people have claimed that she was bulimic (though this is unlikely in my opinion), but she certainly worked to maintain her low weight. When she was on the boat to America to begin Gigi she gained ten pounds because she ate so much and after this vowed to always keep her weight below 120 pounds (which she succeeded in).

Honest to God I could write a biography on the woman
    please do

i would buy it.

it could be about common misconceptions about her, and the actual truth or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoosabitmega)
    Omg la-la-la I do not care. I love my size8/5'2 figure and I couldn't give a **** about what guys think and I don't feel pressured to change it to suit what a man wants - men want different things aswell, and oh yeah there's that other tiny matter of personality.
    I like you.

ReputationRep:
    god everyone is different, it would be boring if everyone was the same size, shape etc. posting about the fact lots of people have said they prefer size 12 to 6, how is that meant to achieve anything, you are the way you are.
    many people arent 100% happy with what theyve got, but you just have to use what you have got to the best of your ability and dress to suit you.

what someone finds attractive someone else may not. so just because some people find curvier people more attractive doesnt mean everyone does and vice versa.
    someone may find one size 6 person attractive based on looks and personality, but not another size 6 person. There is more to life than that!

I'm a size 6/8 (occasionally a 4) and I don't worry about it.
    I eat until I'm full and rarely do any exercise.
    I don't think I look any better then girls who are skinnier then me or girls who are curvier, i just look different, as does everyone.

Never have I had anyone reject or come on to me based on my size either, clothes and personality are what make first impressions. If someone acts negative and unhappy about themselves, that'll be the impression they give and this is what will lead to someone not being enamoured with them. Confidence is what counts I think.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, you wrote

Just like attractive is better than ugly,
    (by the definition of the words a truism, just like saying "good is better than bad")

and

that morally valid way
    (again, implying the same thing, through a hint towards the concept of yes/no validity)

You created the binary right/wrong, highlighted it, and then when challenged you say "Oh any not stupid person could have seen I was not saying what i typed on the page or highlighted at all".

I can't even be bothered to argue. I don't fancy fat chicks. Nobody with self-respect does.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.