fatehaxoxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How can i move away from social media such as snapchat and insta to start focusing on my exams? I want to be less distracted!

abz4321
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fatehaxoxo)
How can i move away from social media such as snapchat and insta to start focusing on my exams? I want to be less distracted!
heyy just delete the apps off your phone, reinstall them after exam period. Or you can just give your phone to someone else during them time your revising and get it back when youre resting, whatever works best for you. Goodluckkk on ur exams btw
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Log out of your accounts whilst you're studying. There's no point in deleting them as you will be tempted to redownload them continually! Its okay to go onto social media after studying
dj_ad_1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
id say delete your accounts and give ur phone to ur parents until ur exams are done. Cos like if u delete the apps ur still gonna be going on the account on like a laptop or suttin.
JamJamxx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
honestly me too.
i was in the same predicament as you as i wanted to move away from social media however, everyday i would say "i will do it tomorrow"
what my advice to you
is to have your priority straight and know what your end goals are (think about the future).
there not point of you revising if you don't have any motivation as to why your doing it.
1) make to do list as to what you want to achieve in the day they really helped me. give yourself break in between
p.s don't be to hard on yourself (good luck for your exams)
fatehaxoxo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by abz4321)
heyy just delete the apps off your phone, reinstall them after exam period. Or you can just give your phone to someone else during them time your revising and get it back when youre resting, whatever works best for you. Goodluckkk on ur exams btw
im sorry i've been so busy so couldn't come across these posts, and yess i have given my phone to my mum a couple times and its been so useful for my revision and thank youuu
fatehaxoxo
Rep:
?
i've tried that and it still doesn't work for me, anything and everything distracts me!!!
fatehaxoxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by dj_ad_1)
id say delete your accounts and give ur phone to ur parents until ur exams are done. Cos like if u delete the apps ur still gonna be going on the account on like a laptop or suttin.
yehhhhh exactly, but i still need my phone during school and stuff
fatehaxoxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by JamJamxx)
honestly me too.
i was in the same predicament as you as i wanted to move away from social media however, everyday i would say "i will do it tomorrow"
what my advice to you
is to have your priority straight and know what your end goals are (think about the future).
there not point of you revising if you don't have any motivation as to why your doing it.
1) make to do list as to what you want to achieve in the day they really helped me. give yourself break in between
p.s don't be to hard on yourself (good luck for your exams)
yehhh it is acc so so difficult to get off your phone sometimes whether or not your texting someone or not. I have began to make a to do list and its actually very helpful but some days after school i get very very exhausted and i can't be asked to make one and i end up sleeping or doing nothing at all for hours.
dj_ad_1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yehhhhh exactly, but i still need my phone during school and stuff
yeah im not saying go completely off ur phone u can just keep ur phone somewhere where u know where it is but not near u when u revise.
vicvic38
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's all about discipline. Tbh I have the same problem. Good news is that the longer you go without, the easier it is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?