The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'll always go on holiday with my parents. Maybe not the same, holiday resort, kids clubs, being dragged around shops for 2 weeks kind of holidays but I'd like to think we could go away for weekends and do more grown up things together. Then again, me and my parents are very close.
Reply 61
When I was 15.
Reply 62
Have never been on holiday with my family. We've always been too poor. :s-smilie: Summer = parents working + kids at home. Christmas = parents working + kids at home. :frown:
The only two holidays I've had have been since I started working (aged 19 almost), and paid by myself and I went with my sister, then my sister and twin brother.
Reply 63
Never :p: although that sounds sad i like going with them :yep:
When I was 15 I had my last holiday with my family, we were meant to go to Florida, but unexpected events meant that we had to cancel that and eventually we went to Tenerife. When I was 16 (last year) I was intending to go on holiday with my parents, but we just didnt have enough money to go abroad and my parents eventually went up north somewhere (which I hate going to). This year I was always going to stay at home. At least im going to Gran Canaria with my mates though in August.
Reply 65
I don't see a reason to stop going for a good few more years (I'm 18); my 20 yo brother still comes with us if it's somewhere nice.
Last one when I was 15. Since I was 16 (the following year), I've been going away with friends.
Ever since my dad died I have to stay at home and look after the dog and then I get to go on holiday on my own. I go to Glastonbury, London or wherever with friends. Much better than a week in Butlins. I do miss my relatives though, I never get to see them.

The last holiday I went on with my family was to Wales, which I loved when I was 15.
Reply 68
There's nothing wrong with going on holiday with your family, I think it's fun and it's the only time my Mum seems to properly relax and forgets about work. I still go on our caravan holidays :p:, but hotel holidays are the best. My Dad always knows where the best places to stay are and I get to go to some amazing countries.
I still go and im 16, both of my sisters still come on most of the holidays we have (they just go on other holidays too and bring their boyfriends with us) and theyre 20 and 23.
Reply 70
I'm 19 and i've just come back from a 2 week holiday to Portugal with my family - mum, sister, gran and grandad. I had a really nice time..but there was never enough of "alone time" as it were, and I found it really hard. And the fact that most of the people at the hotel didn't speak much English..so it was difficult to make friends.
But I think it's just those awkward teenage things..i'll probably continue to go away with them aslong as they want me to.
The last holiday I went on, I was forced to go with my parents as my brother wanted to stay home alone and they think he deserved "space". This year they're going away though and they basically refused to take me because I don't enjoy being with just them and they have to pay for me to go, so I'm free!

I won't be going on anymore holidays with them. So the last holiday I had was when I was 16.
Will probably continue for a while, I'm 19 and my sister is 21, every year she says this is the last year, she has about 2 holidays a year with a her boyfriend as well. She is always moody and angry on holiday with family, she must be approaching her last holiday for sure.
I'm still going on holiday with my family, and they are still paying for it.

I don't anticipate having to pay my own way until I am earning well, and I don't anticipate not being invited on family holidays ever. The only ones I don't go on are the ones that I opt out of (for example, if I have already been on a long holiday that summer) or the ones that are just get-aways for my parents.
When they stop paying! lol
Stopped at 16.
Went on holiday alone with my friend when i was 17.
I don't know exactly but after a while my dad and step-mum started having holidays alone a lot and leaving me behind ... I guess I was 16, but I'm not entirely sure.

In fact tomorrow they're off for 3 weeks and I'm alone, but for most of that time I will be travelling myself, also alone. At first I missed it but overall travelling alones better, you can do whatever you like.
Both my brother, who's 20, and me (19) go on family holidays still. We often go in a big group with all our aunts/uncles/cousins which is great, just the four of us or we're allowed to invite gf/bf/friends. Holidays are very important to our family, so everything is done so that we all go.
I would never ignore a free holiday, but I actually enjoy going away with them anyway. My parents choose interesting holidays- we've been skiing, cruising and travelled around Egypt this year already (I appreciate I'm very lucky) which I would never be able to do if I went away with some friends from home, who are always round my house anyway.

My parents like our company, surprisingly, and would be really disappointed if we didn't go. Although my brother's gone to South Africa and Malaysia for 2 months so we're not having a summer holiday and have to wait until Christmas now. :sadnod:

Latest

Trending

Trending