The Student Room Group

Are you open or secretive?

There are things which obviously you can't hide but sometimes I think its good to be secretive on some aspects of life. For example would you tell your parents you've got your driving test or job interview in a few days? whenever I've booked a driving test or been called to a job interview I've not told anyone about it and I've done very well. If I did tell everyone then I would probably get so much hassle and advice that I've heard countless times before and I'd be under more pressure to do well. Do you understand?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not telling you.
Reply 2
Amy_J
I'm not telling you.

Top secret :biggrin:
Reply 3
Brian777
There are things which obviously you can't hide but sometimes I think its good to be secretive on some aspects of life. For example would you tell your parents you've got your driving test or job interview in a few days? whenever I've booked a driving test or been called to a job interview I've not told anyone about it and I've done very well. If I did tell everyone then I would probably get so much hassle and advice that I've heard countless times before and I'd be under more pressure to do well. Do you understand?

I agree with you...lol...and I know what you mean about not telling anyone about interviews...it only makes me more nervous, especially when they ask the when, what, why, where questions...lol
Reply 4
I'm not telling.

(It's already been done :getmecoat:)
Reply 5
Amy_J
I'm not telling you.

LMAO..brilliant!

To OP, does that answer your question :p:
Reply 6
It depends who with and what the topic of conversation is.

with some friends I'm very open, on tsr i'm quite open, with my family and people I don't know very well, I'm secretive.
Reply 7
I tell people what they need to know IF they ask
With friends on TSR I'm really open, but in real life I'm secretive. I don't know why I'm like that :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Sober - Secretive
Pissed - Open
Reply 10
piece_by_piece
With friends on TSR I'm really open, but in real life I'm secretive. I don't know why I'm like that :s-smilie:

well, i think alotta people are like that on TSR, most of us don't even know what other members look like or their name so why not be open? :p:
Reply 11
I guess it depends on the different situations and the people around you that will determine when and who you will be open or secretive with...
Reply 12
Generally quite open - things like interviews and such are certainly not an issue, but there are some issues I am not so open about...
Generally I'm quite secretive, for no real reason. Funny that. I didn't tell my parents about my last girlfriend for months.
Reply 14
I try to give the perception of being open, but really not giving much up.
Reply 15
Ed.
I try to give the perception of being open, but really not giving much up.

yea, this way people leave you alone when you don't feel like sharing with them what is on your mind! :yep:
Lithium
well, i think alotta people are like that on TSR, most of us don't even know what other members look like or their name so why not be open? :p:

True :biggrin:
Reply 17
piece_by_piece
True :biggrin:

Any deep, dark, evil secretes you want to share with us? :p:
Lithium
Any deep, dark, evil secretes you want to share with us? :p:

I don't know you well enough :p: :biggrin:
Reply 19
I don't think I'm secretive; if someone asks about me I tell them, otherwise not.

Latest

Trending

Trending