The Student Room Group

A-levels Maths,economics and physics CCE to ABB

Aiming for ABB in A-levels, currently at CCE. Now in late December/January. Been revising on and off, not consistently. Anyone who has achieved the grades can give some tips. Would it be possible to get ABB? Looking at doing degree apprenticeships currently.
Yes , you can certainly get ABB. I got BCE in my end of year 12 mocks and BCC in my mocks a few weeks before the real exam ( a total of 6 marks off ABB across my subjects )
First of all you need to get yourself motivated , listen to Ben Lionel Scott, write on a piece of paper the letters ABB and think about what it would feel like to get those results . Remake your AS notes and try using the type of learning known as active learning . Practice past paper questions regularly, look through examiner reports.
(edited 4 years ago)
For economics AQA do every single multi choice paper for everyone question get wrong understand why you got them wrong , you will notice a lot of questions repeat . I would also recommend following Econ + dal as he provides good advice and also practice as many 9,15 and 25 markets and learn the feedback . Try and make a structure of how you will answer each type of question and TIME yourself .
Reply 4
Kool thx guys
Any thoughts on degree apprenticeships
Original post by Bilzyboss
Kool thx guys
Any thoughts on degree apprenticeships

They have there updates and downs . The advantages being you have a job at the end of the apprenticeship and you graduate with no debt. On the other hand you miss out on the uni experience and degree apprenticeships can be quite intense. I would personally recommend applying to uni and the degree apprenticeships and then once your offers then decide what you want to do.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by yaseen1000
For economics AQA do every single multi choice paper for everyone question get wrong understand why you got them wrong , you will notice a lot of questions repeat . I would also recommend following Econ + dal as he provides good advice and also practice as many 9,15 and 25 markets and learn the feedback . Try and make a structure of how you will answer each type of question and TIME yourself .

For economics I’m doing edexcel spec

Quick Reply

Latest