Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically my full first name is Rosanna, however, I've alway been called Rosie. Now I've realised that I've used Rosanna for my Student Finance and Rosie for my UCAS and therefore that's the name that will be on my uni enrolement. The only reason I put Rosie was because when I signed up for college 2 years ago I put Rosie on those forms (thinking it wouldn't matter) but ofcourse now that is the name on all my exam certificates.

I'm worried that this will cause a problem when it comes to receiving my student finance after I officially enrole at uni. Also the fact that my exam certificates don't have my real name on Does anyone know whether or not this matters? Is it likely that they will see how similar the names are and not care at all? (<--- this is the out come I think is most likely but I thought i'd check)

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The university will probably ask you for all the information themselves anyway when you come to enrol rather than going by what information you told UCAS.

I know when I enrolled they asked for a lot of information again, for the name they said enter it as it is on your Passport/Birth Certificate. So you will probably find they ignore most of what you told UCAS when you enrol (personal details wise) and ask you for the information first hand. If they don't though I can't see it being a problem as the names are obviously the same.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thats a relief. Thank you Hopefully my exam certificates wont cause a problem either!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.