M571– Fishing Trip (Full Story) Motion 2019 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

What is this thread about?
This is a joke Motion in the Model House of Commons (MHoC). It's a piece of proposed legislation that is currently being debated, but I wouldn't take it too seriously! All are welcome and encouraged to ask questions about the bill's content and join in the debate – you don't have to be in a party or be an MP to do so.

What is the MHoC?
It's a political role-playing game where we pretend to be the House of Commons, and it's been going since 2005. We have formed parties, we have elections twice a year, and we debate bills and motions just like the real-life parliament. If you want to know more about how the MHoC works, your first port of call is the user manual. If you'd like to get involved and possibly join a party, you want the welcome thread.

M571 – Fishing Trip (Full Story) Motion 2019, Saracen's Fez MP
This House:

(1) notes that the recent Gavin and Stacey Christmas special promised to reveal what happened on the fishing trip. As it happens, the full story was interrupted by Gavin and Stacey's children.

(2) calls on the Secretary of State to act to ensure the BBC makes the full story public.

(3) proposes that a Fishing Trip Information Bureau be established to allow any member of the public to discover what Uncle Bryn and Jason did on the fishing trip, should they so wish.
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aye
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I better use Iplayer to find out what all the fuss is about!
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nay. Never watched Gavin and Stacey, and seeing people annoyed about this brings joy to my heart.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. Finding out will only ever be disappointing
Thomp0
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
nay. Not knowing is the whole joke
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I say the gist of what the real-life Parliament often says to petitions proposed which involve matters it is not in charge of: this is not within the competence of Parliament!

(Before anyone says anything, I know this is a motion and not a petition).
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mr Speaker, I simply don't give a toss about this motion.
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nay. Stupid joke motion.
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Great joke bill, very funny :rofl:
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This item has been withdrawn.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed