The Student Room Group

A-levels

Hi all,

I just got a provisional offer from two sixth forms that I have applied to and now have to make the decision between which one I want to go to.

One of the sixth forms has had a 100% pass rate for the past 7 years in which I’d be studying it, pe and physics where as the other sixth form was only built last year meaning it hasn’t had any results but I would be able to study maths,physics, psychology and pe

From the brief description given which sixth form would you chose if you were in my position?
Wait so In the first sixth form you can’t study the subjects you want? If so pick the second one for sure
Personally, I would attend the newer sixth form which I would be able to study the subjects that I would prefer to study, as you are going to spend a lot of time in the lessons and revising for them.

However, as the sixth form is relatively recent it may be a bit more disorganised etc, but at A Levels independent study is necessary anyway to get good grades and as long as you read over and learn most of the information from your textbook then honestly it will be fine. As the sixth form which I currently go to, the English department in year 12 was very unstructured so I worked mainly independently without any help from the teacher but I still managed to achieve a grade B, and this is now my favourite subject due to the content but not so much the lessons which is why I have chosen to study it further at university.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous__02
Wait so In the first sixth form you can’t study the subjects you want? If so pick the second one for sure

No I was able to pick the subjects for both but still stuck on which one to chose👍🏼
Reply 4
Original post by studytheblurb
Personally, I would attend the newer sixth form which I would be able to study the subjects that I would prefer to study, as you are going to spend a lot of time in the lessons and revising for them.

However, as the sixth form is relatively recent it may be a bit more disorganised etc, but at A Levels independent study is necessary anyway to get good grades and as long as you read over and learn most of the information from your textbook then honestly it will be fine. As the sixth form which I currently go to, the English department in year 12 was very unstructured so I worked mainly independently without any help from the teacher but I still managed to achieve a grade B, and this is now my favourite subject due to the content but not so much the lessons which is why I have chosen to study it further at university.

At the moment I’m more leaning towards the new one, it’s also not built on a high school site unlike the other one so I would not have to worry about any little year 7’s possibly being a distraction

Quick Reply

Latest