The Student Room Group

my journey to university.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A giant chicken
Yeah, probably should have kept it in my head.

Also thanks, I will wear this badge of honor next time I make one of my 'good' jokes

You’ve humbled this thread in a way with your dad joke.

:smile:
Original post by IH8Studying
your dad joke.

I feel better already :smile:
I’m gonna finish all of developmental this month

I have to do a numeracy assessment and an essay then I’m done with developmental. And then I’ll probably move on to psychology.

2020, we will make dreams happen! No slacking. No self doubt. We.Can.Do.This!
I find out my maths results in like 3 weeks. I’m not trying to be negative but I have a feeling I got a 3. It’s okay though if I do fail again then I will do it in May. I will be honest I didn’t learn a single geometry topic which means I lost quite a bit of marks. It will be a miracle if I pass. So if I do fail then I will focus on geometry because that’s my weak point. I can still get into uni.
I didn’t do the essay planning today but I’m gonna start my essay today anyways.
Gonna do the numeracy assessment now :frown: I hate math.
You’ve humbled this thread in a way with your dad joke.

:smile:

Original post by A giant chicken
I feel better already :smile:

I’m gonna finish all of developmental this month

I have to do a numeracy assessment and an essay then I’m done with developmental. And then I’ll probably move on to psychology.

2020, we will make dreams happen! No slacking. No self doubt. We.Can.Do.This!

I find out my maths results in like 3 weeks. I’m not trying to be negative but I have a feeling I got a 3. It’s okay though if I do fail again then I will do it in May. I will be honest I didn’t learn a single geometry topic which means I lost quite a bit of marks. It will be a miracle if I pass. So if I do fail then I will focus on geometry because that’s my weak point. I can still get into uni.

I didn’t do the essay planning today but I’m gonna start my essay today anyways.

Gonna do the numeracy assessment now :frown: I hate math.

hi i am new to tsr
Original post by muppypappy
hi i am new to tsr

Welcum
I’ve started my essay. Pros and cons of euthanasia is a lot harder than I thought it would be. 1000 words ??? Sis. But ok let’s finish this by Thursday.
I think the hardest part of an essay is making sure your grammar, punctuation and just overall English is up to par.

But hey I’m not complaining, at least I’m not simplifying algebra!
I’ve been pretty unproductive since completing the literacy assessment 🙄
I get these random bursts of motivation and usually it’s when I can’t do it at the time but the literacy assessment was a lucky one. Tomorrow I haven’t got work, until like Wednesday anyway so imma do it. I’m tired from work and wanna relax :frown: is that so wrong, kings and queens? No!!

We’re finishing the essay tomorrow...
guysss I have finished my essay and I did 10 references! :biggrin:
But I have to do an essay plan(no word count) and a 150 words explaining the essay title. Like my interpretation of what the word means, what I will cover, what issues the question raises, how will I debate the question, and what research I will consist and use to answer the question. Then I have to write down what pages I have achieved the learning criteria...
I can get it done before I sleep and submit it. Then tomorrow I will do the numeracy assessment but I’ve just realised I have to do another numeracy test but that one I can’t do until my tutor comes back which is on Monday. But I will do this numeracy test before then. It’s a somewhat easy numeracy test, I just am very very lazy to do it.

But we will be POSITIVE and GET.****.DONE!!!! :h:❤️

Happy New Years to everyone. This year will be the best year for my academics. Failing doesn’t mean you’re a Failure, just try again. We will try our best even if we feel like giving up. Let’s prove to ourselves that we are stronger than we believe.

We are wonderful stars
Hey guys! I’ve decided on the universities

Keele University
University of Bradford
University of Essex
University of Greenwich (I chose a London one just in case)
University of Manchester

I did most of my UCAS application today. I just need to fill in the education and the reference section. But my tutor is not responding to any emails until 6th of Jan so he can provide me with the details. I haven’t got any grades yet so I don’t know what to put. Except my GCSE grades ofc. So he will help me with that and be my referee.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey guys! I’ve decided on the universities

Keele University
University of Bradford
University of Essex
University of Greenwich (I chose a London one just in case)
University of Manchester

I did most of my UCAS application today. I just need to fill in the education and the reference section. But my tutor is not responding to any emails until 6th of Jan so he can provide me with the details. I haven’t got any grades yet so I don’t know what to put. Except my GCSE grades ofc. So he will help me with that and be my referee.

It was uni of northampton before but i changed it to essex
Hi guys. I’ve been lacking in motivation lately. It’s really hard for me to start studying. The clock is ticking though
Ok I’ve changed Greenwich uni because I’ve completely made my decision that I am moving out of London

I’m applying to:
University of Manchester
University of Bradford
Edge hill university
University of Essex
Keele University
68C8F351-C994-4938-9D0B-874B9688A160.jpeg
I also need to order my GCSE certificates at some point because i only have certificates from my high school not the actual exam board. And i think it's going to add up to 600 pounds :frown: cause i need 7 certificates. I have 2 now. one from religious studies and one from art. cant believe you need a certificate for the exams you've failed...
Struggling so much to start studying guys 😔 I keep going on twitter and tsr telling myself I’ll start but I don’t :frown: and my deadline is on Tuesday
I’m feeling very tired for no reason guys ... the depression is coming back fully. I’m gonna listen to music to help me start

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending